one,

the proposal.

-

"i'll be your date to the wedding,"

words ollie never thought she would hear coming out of the mouth of trent alexander arnold, not even in her wildest imagination had she expected to hear those words from the deep voice.

looking down at her lap, ollie cleared her throat before squinting her eyes. neco, who sat opposite her, held the glass which he was drinking out of to his lips to try and hide his creeping smile and the laugh that tickled his throat.

"well, if you need someone that bad i might as well go with you," trent continued, placing his hands at the back of ollie's chair.

ollie hadn't expected trent to hear all this, afterall ollie was having a conversation with neco in his kitchen, and didn't need trent to overhear anything.

a conversation which involved the discussion of ollie needing a date for her sister, ophelia's wedding in france.

"what?" ollie asked, her mouth dry and deserted.

"take me," trent broke it down slowly as he took the question like she didn't understand english. of course she understood what he meant, but she just wanted to know why he even said that in the first place. "you can take me, to your sister's wedding," he said, crossing the counter before opening the fridge and taking a bottle of water.

turning back around, trent took a gulp from the bottle. "you need a date, don't you?" he cocked an eyebrow, and ollie swallowed, hard.

ollie found it difficult to take in his words right now. why would he be asking all this? did he want something?

"i do," ollie managed to croak out, her voice cracking towards the end.

"well?" he inquired, urging her to answer.

"you want something don't you?" ollie said, her courage suddenly sending a wave through her body.

trent chuckled softly, "am i that easy to read?"

ollie's mind couldn't seem to process anything he was saying.

"neco, please tell me he isn't actually saying this," ollie muttered in a groan, her fingers pinching the bridge of her nose.

neco nodded with pursed lips, "he is, yup." glancing at trent, trent sighed.

trent pulled out one of the stools at the counter before plopping himself on it. "ollie, i'm being serious here." he said in defeat.

ollie shifted in her seat, somehow closer to neco.

"and why should i believe you?" ollie said nonchalantly.

he looked up and caught her eye, "why would i joke about this?"

"probably because we've never had a proper conversation in our lives." ollie cocked her head to the side as she clicked her tongue to the roof of her mouth.

"point," neco added, chuckling softly.

trent rolled his eyes in return, raking his fingers through his hair to find a way to cope with his friend sat besides him.

"why aren't you taking me serious?" trent asked.

"when has she ever taken you serious?" neco said.

"neco." they said in sync, glaring at the younger boy. they were trying to find a piece of mind with each other right now, and neco wasn't helping.

neco raised his arms in redemption, "fine. i'll shut my mouth. in my own house."

"yes, thank you." ollie rolled her eyes. "trent, be real with me right." she locked her fingers under her knee, "why are you asking?"

trent just overheard the part when ollie mentioned to neco, 'i can't go to the wedding alone,' and he just had to interfere. he wouldn't mind being ollie's date; he didn't mind at all because they were friends, friends who simply couldn't leave each other alone.

"because you need a date." he said confidently, "and i might need one as well." he muttered.

perhaps she misheard him, he needed a date too? for what?

"for what?" she said, voicing her thoughts.

trent denied with his head, "nah, not important right now," he spoke, his accent almost making the sentence not understandable. "so, answer me. will you take me to your sister's wedding?" he asked with a tiny grin, trent and ollie got on well, yes. but not that well for ollie to take him home.

even when ollie had moved to liverpool last two years, not only had she connected with trent, but with the entire team as well. but, who else would she take?

ollie's mother wouldn't let her bring some random guy. ollie needed a date for her wedding. her french mother would scold her for days if she showed up without a guy. ollie made the biggest mistake by telling her mother that she will be coming with her boyfriend and would refuse to go without one.

"right, i'll make my way out now." neco mumbled in seeing this conversation was getting more and more serious.

ollie sent the scouser a glare while his gaze wasn't on her. ollie should've already introduced her mum to trent, seeing as the two were now close friends, but she didn't.

ollie's mother should've been the first to know everything when she'd first moved her, but she refused to tell.

her eyes narrowed, studying the side of his face attentively.

"so, what do you say?" trent asked for about the one hundredth time.

the only problem was, she didn't know whether to say yes or no. she never once told her family about trent, and they have no idea about who he was. everything would be wierd if he attended and even her parents were clueless on who the man was.

but she needed a date. badly.

"i'll," she sighed, rubbing her forehead. "i'll, just give me a few a days. i still have to talk to my mum about it." she said quietly, and she heard trent shuffling in his seat.

"we've got that home game in a few days, do you think you could make up your mind by then?" trent ask eagerly, eyeing her.

trent, on the other hand, needed ollie for his date for the brits. their was no one else he could ask, and he wasn't ashamed about it. ollie wasn't an easy person to convince, trent out of everyone knew that, so offering to be her date might play with her mind.

"uh, yeah probably," ollie shrugged her shoulders. "once my mums' okay with it." she stated. once she was okay with it as well.

"well." trent got up from his seat. "make up your mind by next week thursday." he said, leaving her sitting at neco's counter.

why so specific with that day trent? ollie wanted to ask, but didn't.

once mum's okay with it.

but ollie didn't mention it to her mum at all.