three,

the invitation.

-

trent sighs as he steps onto ollie's front porch.

it had been-he doesn't know-maybe a week-that they had last spoken. and as far as trent knows, his offer still stands.

ollie likes to ghost people without saying anything sometimes to the point where trent got fed up of it.

he usually wasn't the one who took the step to talk to her first when she distanced herself from him. she comes back after time with no explanation, and acts like everything is fine.

so there he stood. on ollie's doorstep. the hood of his hoodie is over his head, somehow wanting ollie to believe he was a thief or something, and his index finger repeatedly presses the bell of her houe.

"oh! you're alive i see." he says with a smile, eyes boring into her smaller frame. he stays rocking on the balls of his feet, taking her in for the first time in a while.

he looks at her attire. wrapped up in a huge blanket that he's sure drags on the floor when she walks. "you gon' let me in or...?" he trails as his eyes divert inside then to her again.

she nods slowly, clearing her throat before sending him a small smile. "right, sorry, come." the door is opened wider while he steps back, and allows him to come in.

"where were you the last week?" trent asks almost immediately when the two settle themselves on one of her couches. they keep their distance, not wanting to be too close to each other.

"here." she nods to her couch, cracking a small smile. he chuckles softly, "no, no. i meant like, why didn't you speak to me?"

"it was that time of the month. i don't feel like talking to you." she states blankly.

he soffs playfully, "of course yes. thats the reason." he does find that a bit unbelieveable, especially because she could have told him something.

but ollie just rolls her eyes as she adverts them back to the tv infront of her.

it was moments like this they often shared. they never really liked having long conversations as they tend to get bored of each other after some time, but they rather not spend the wasted time with anyone else.

unaware of his gaze on her, his eyes study her attentively. watching from her hair that seemed more of a mess than his to her smooth bare skin. trent couldn't lie, ollie had angelic features. she could take one's breath away without even trying.

trent bites the inside of his cheek, coming to conclusion that he came here for an answer. he stretches his body closer to her, tapping his finger on her knee.

she jolts at the sudden contact of skin on skin, narrowing her eyes at him. her eyebrows raise up ever so lightly, silently asking him to continue.

"did you make up your mind as yet? the wedding, it is." he says softly, eyes strained onto hers. he was hoping she says yes, this was kind of important to him.

ollie's mouth falls into an 'o'. it didn't make much sense to tell him no while she told her mother the opposite, because as much as she said she didn't like trent, he was in 'good use' now.