"It should. Suna's problem with me comes because they wanted me to become a puppet, an extension of their country. We're right between them, Konoha, and the Land of Rain. It's a strategic point," he started, but (Y/n) didn't understand it yet "They aren't in any rush to make me surrender to them. It would be more efficient to block the trade with us and the northern countries"

"What's the problem then?"

"The problem is that they're not alone. They're trying this way because they've allied with the people from inside the city"

"I thought people wanted you?"

"They do, for the most part. Do you remember the story I told you about my family? There are some people around us... inside the palace, that are plotting against me with Suna"

(Y/n)'s eyes widened. She was told there were some people against him, but she wouldn't imagine it would be people from his surroundings. People that were in the same place she was.

"How do you know it's someone from the court?"

"We baited Suna's ninjas. The information they got could have only come from the court because it was fake,"

"And you don't know who it is?" she asked, and his frown got heavier. He shook his head in denial, and after that, their way back remained silent, both of them in thought.

In fact, even when (Y/n) was back in her room, long after having eating dinner, she couldn't stop thinking about Soo-Yun's last words. She paced around her bedroom, barely lit by the moonlight and a lamp on one of the nightstands.

A shiver ran through her whole body when she realized she might have crossed paths with the traitor or traitors. The thought of someone in the palace, wanting to get rid of Soo-Yun... of a Soo-Yun's friend wanting something like that for him... It made her sick to the stomach.

She stopped pacing and bit her inner cheek when she realized something else. She now understood why she had to be watched over even inside the palace. It now all made sense. And it scared her to think that her being Soo-Yun's bride would put her under the spotlight.

A faint breeze blew in the room from the window, making her running thoughts stop. She approached the window, opening it some more so that the cold breeze could freshen her up. But she still felt jittery. She looked up at the stars and the moon and thought that perhaps, a night stroll would help her calm her nerves. So she sighed, grabbed a few of her things, and turned around decided to leave. But right after she did she let go of a silent gasp when she found Kakashi's figure right behind her, between her and the door. She hadn't even heard him get in.

"Where are you going?" he asked, arching a brow and crossing his arms "And what did I tell you about the window?" he added. Now she also knew why he didn't want her to peek out the window...

"I was going out for a walk," she answered simply, although by the way her eyes looked at him she knew she probably shouldn't.

"Do you know how late it is?" he asked loudly yet in whispers, getting closer to her without uncrossing his arms. She smiled sheepishly.

"I'm not tired... I thought of walking it off or something,"

"(Y/n)," he sighed, but she cut him off.

"You've said it, it's late. Everyone's probably sleeping..." she tried to convince him, but his frown and arched brow remained the same, unmoved by her almost puppy eyes "Besides, you've been teaching me self-defense. I'll be alright" He looked at her and after a little while ended up nodding.

"Yes?" she nodded back, smiling surprised and happy that it had worked. But it hadn't. Kakashi uncrossed his arms and walked past her, sitting on her bed "Come," he said lowly, signaling with his hand.