Chapter 28

(art from @kksright on Twitter)

Kakashi laid down next to her, and (Y/n) finally found sleep once she was holding his hand and he was holding her back. However, he wasn't there when she woke up. Although she didn't quite feel as if he had left long ago either. She wasn't quite sure how she knew, but she simply did. In fact, she didn't wake up on her own or by Kakashi leaving, she was woken up by the same servant who showed her the room last night. 

"Good morning, miss," the woman said while she quickly started to set some clothes for (Y/n) "Breakfast is ready," she added, putting on the bed by (Y/n)'s feet what would be her outfit for the day. The still sleepy (h/c) girl inspected it, surprised when she didn't see Kakashi and amazed by the fact that she was about to wear clothes as traditional and expensive-looking as those. She hadn't even seen them in Konoha, so she figured they were typical from the City of the River "Lord Soo-Yun is already waiting. I believe he had planned something for the morning," she added, waking (Y/n) some more. 

Again, she looked at the peach and gray outfit that looked like some type of hanbok. She inspected its material, so soft...

"C'mon, let's get you dressed," the servant spoke once more before she helped (Y/n) dress up and get ready. And hadn't she still been kind of asleep and kind of foreign to this, she would have paid her more attention and perhaps complain at being treated like that. But she didn't, and in no time she had already left the room and was now sitting in Soo-Yun's office, having breakfast with him. 

"How are you finding your room?" Soo-Yun asked before he drank from his morning tea. 

"It's very pretty," she said after making sure she had no breakfast in her mouth anymore "I just need to get used to it"

"If there's something I can do or change to make it more comfortable—"

"No no, it's fine! I'm just not used to it, but I will in a few days..." 

Soo-Yun looked at her but both of them remained in silence. He seemed to want to ask something, but in the end decided otherwise and just drank from his tea again. 

"You don't need to worry, (Y/n)" he said after a little while having noticed that she looked and sounded as troubled as yesterday. (Y/n) looked at him, at first confused about what he was talking about "I've known Kurva since I have memory. She and my father were very close friends. And never has she made a mistake with any of the girls that work for her"

"Have any of them done something like this?" (Y/n) asked, referring to something like this mission she had to take.

"Kind of, and only a few" he spoke calmly, making her feel less wrong. 

"Do you..." She started, but she stuttered as she didn't know how to continue with the question without sounding out of place "use Kurva's services often?" she asked blushing anyway. But she was able to maintain a nonchalant and maybe even curious expression while holding his stare. Soo-Yun let go of an almost silent chuckle. 

"I like the Land of Fire, it's a very beautiful and rich nation, even if it's led by ninjas. So every now and then, I like to go there," he said, but both him and (Y/n) knew that couldn't be it, so he continued "And my cousin (as you probably noticed) has a like towards the girls from the Land of Fire" he added with a sigh, making (Y/n) blush again although this time more slightly. 

"Lina and him?" she said aloud without realizing when she remembered the way they acted. Soo-Yun nodded. 

"Besides that, as I said, Kurva has many girls with bright minds; such as yourself. It is always welcomed to hear an external opinion of someone who has no personal interest" It took a little bit for (Y/n) to understand, but she finally did it "Now that I've answered your question," he talked again, standing up and rummaging somewhere farther from the office "I believe westill  have a match of go to play" he said with a gentle smile, setting the board and pieces on the floor. Having finished her breakfast, (Y/n) stood up and sat next to him.