Chapter 20

(Y/n) walked down a few streets, following the loud voice. Hadn't she recognized its owner from the beginning she would have wondered how could this man's voice be heard from so far. But of course, it was Gai we were talking about. She reached the end of the street and was met with him, Asuma, and another guy that she didn't recognize; all of them suspiciously hanging out in a park.

"Ah! It's (Y/n)-chan!" Gai suddenly exclaimed when he saw her entering the park. She flinched at her name, surprised by the nickname. She still smiled and waved at the boys.

"What are you doing here?" (Y/n) asked, inevitably looking at the guy she didn't know. He had straight and lustrous brown hair that was half-covered by a blue bandana. She became a little nervous when she saw he wore a jonin attire, although Gai and Asuma also wore one and she wasn't the least nervous around them... Perhaps the fact that she knew they were kind had something to do with it.

"Oh, we were—" Gai started as cheery as always, but he was cut off by Asuma.

"Taking a walk before going to the training grounds"

"What are you talking about?" Gai asked him back, dumbfounded. (Y/n) arched a brow, looking at all three bigger and taller guys.

"And what are you doing here?" Asuma asked her back, ignoring Gai who surprisingly didn't press on the matter anymore.

"I just got out from work and wanted to take a walk," she admitted, still looking at them suspiciously. Just then she heard a familiar giggle in the distance. Asuma became more nervous and move to a side. (Y/n)'s arched brow became more apparent, and when she tried to look behind him Asuma moved again, pulling Gai with him.

"What are you doing?" She chuckled, finding their behavior weird but funny.

"Yeah, why are you pulling me?" Gai asked Asuma. The guy next to them face-palmed letting go of a sigh.

"Let it go, Asuma, she knows there's something going on" he said. Asuma hesitated but with a sigh gave up. He stepped aside, allowing (Y/n) to see a couple of bushes.

She approached them as she noticed there was something behind them. She walked closer to the plants, and the closer she got, the clearer the image became. Quickly enough, she managed to distinguish a figure that belonged to Kakashi, and next to him the owner of that giggle that unnerved her: Alys, her own sister. She was overcome by utmost curiosity, unaware of the faint frown that had taken over her face. So careful not to lean too much on the bushes in fear of making a sound, she paid attention to the scene in front f her.

"I told you—" Kakashi began. His arms were crossed and he wasn't quite looking at her.

"Am I not passionate enough?" She suddenly asked, cutting him off. She stood in front of him, tired of his fleeing gaze. And despite the fact that she was a couple of years older than him he still stood taller than her. He sighed, finally looking into Alys' eyes. But his mask and usual dull expression made it impossible to know what exactly was he thinking or feeling.

"It's not that," he muttered immobile.

"Are you and Kakashi close?" The guy whose name (Y/n) still didn't know asked her lowly next to her as the four of them watched the sketchy situation.

"Kinda," she simply answered. But by how she said it, and by the fact that Asuma seemed intent on not letting her see whatever Kakashi and the girl were doing... he figured they were close

"And who's the girl?" He asked no one in particular.

"She's my sister," (Y/n) said, and all three pairs of eyes turned to her in surprise. But she paid them no mind, she was too curious about whatever was unfolding in front of her to do so.