Chapter 8

(art from @saitou72048078 on twitter)

3rd person's POV:

(Y/n) was so nervous she felt her whole stomach twisting and turning, and she had yet to reach the Hokage's building. Ever since Mrs. Yamanaka gave her permission to leave earlier she had been jittery, and it only got worse the closer she got to her destination. She couldn't stop playing with her fingers and scratching her head, her nose, or any part of her body really, while she stood in the middle of the building not quite knowing where exactly was the Hokage's office. But at least it kept her away from racking her mind trying to figure out why did he even want to see her—a nobody—in the first place. 

"Uhm, excuse me" she said, lightly touching a jonin's back as she decided it would be faster to ask the way to the 3rd's office. The man turned around and smiled kindly at her, probably seeing her slightly distressed and lost state "I need to find the Hokage's office but I'm not sure where it is"

"Oh, it's on the last floor, you can't miss it" he said with that same kind smile. (Y/n) finally breathed out, feeling less tense now that she at least knew the floor she was supposed to go. So after bowing with a quick 'thanks' she turned around, but she was stopped by his voice "Wait, have we met before? You look so familiar" she turned around, tilting her head to the side in confusion. But before she could say anything another voice sounded from farther in the hallway. 

"(Y/n)? What are you doing here?" the jonin and (Y/n) turned around to meet the owner of the voice. And as soon as she saw her sister any worry she had about meeting the Hokage disappeared completely, and instead, a sudden wave of anxiousness flooded her. 

"You know her?" the jonin asked Alys, and although (Y/n) was grateful that she didn't have to answer she was also stressed as she could easily imagine how would the following exchanges among the three of them be. 

"She's my sister," Alys simply said "and before you ask: no, she's not a ninja. I don't know why everyone keeps assuming she is" (Y/n) looked away at her words because although she felt the same way she also felt hurt that the words where coming from her. 

"Probably because you're very talented," the jonin answered to her sister, boosting her ego and making (Y/n) roll her eyes and feel even more awkward. 

"So, what are you doing here?" Alys repeated, this time crossing her arms. 

"The Hokage called me," she shortly explained to her, hoping to cut this exchange short. 

"What did you do? Dad's gonna kill you" she said, arching a brow in disbelief of her younger sister's words. (Y/n) gulped and looked down, now feeling cold in terror as she started to fear their father's reaction more than whatever the Hokage had to tell her "Anyway, he's not here yet?" Alys spoke to the jonin now. But (Y/n) was still too intimidated and troubled to know whether she should leave already or not.

"I heard he's always late. I guess we'll have to wait for him to hear the mission's details" the jonin said, slightly dropping his smile. There was a short silence before Alys turned to (Y/n) with a frown. 

"What are you still doing here?" she asked "Do you like listening to ninja to get the feeling of how it'd be or what?" she said, arms still crossed. 

(Y/n)'s nose itched and her whole body heated up, but she quickly shook her head in denial. However, before she could say anything or leave another male voice, different from the jonin with them, called her from behind. 

"(Y/n)," he said. She turned around only to see Kakashi in his Anbu clothes "What are you doing here? You were supposed to meet the Hokage 10 minutes ago" he said with a frown that only made her shrink more.