Chapter Fifty-Two

Start from the beginning

Dev stared straight ahead, not looking for too long. He knew better than to stare, especially in this part of the city. The last thing he needed was for some guy that was three times the size of him to think he was picking a fight.

Luckily, the man passed without even so much as a glance, leaving Dev by himself again. He turned the corner, walking down, eyeing all the doors in order to find the one.

Finally, at the very end, he found it. Room 625. He knocked.

He stood, readjusting the bag over his shoulder that held his computer and other miscellaneous things he thought they might need. It took a moment for him to hear anything from inside the room, almost knocking again, before the door opened slowly.

Half of a woman's face peeked out. "Dev?"

He gave her a short wave, "Hey, can I come in?"

The door opened wider, revealing her full face, and for a second, Dev was dumbstruck. Greta Bianchi was very pretty. He didn't know what to expect, but this was not it. He couldn't really remember her from Harry and Ivy's wedding, only getting glances at them through the crowd, and she had zero presence online so his attempts to stalk her socials were pointless.

She was surprisingly tall, probably five nine or ten, with a mess of brown curls falling to her shoulders. He could tell they were natural, some of the stands curling awkwardly and a few on the top of her head sticking up. Her face was round and she had a small button nose just above a perfect set of pouty lips.

Fucking hell, he was in trouble.

"What's in the bag?" She asked, peeking her head out into the hallway to make sure no one was watching them.

"My equipment." He told her, trying really fucking hard not to stare at her lips any longer.

Forcefully, he tore his gaze away from her mouth, but was instantly caught by her eyes. They were a shade of green that he recognized, reminding him of his friends warning. Dev was supposed to stay clear of this woman. He wasn't supposed to flirt or tempt her in any way. She was also really off the table now that she was related to Harry.

But he really couldn't find it in himself to give a shit. All he knew was that he wanted to do some very dirty things with this angel of a woman.

"Spread your legs."

Dev nearly choked on his tongue when she closed the door and demanded that of him.

"Um, what?" His brain was definitely short-circuiting.

She looked at him weirdly, pointing at his legs, "Spread your legs. I need to check you for weapons."

"Oh," Dev tried to ignore the disappointment he was feeling. This was not one of his fantasies, he told himself. She wasn't going to bring out a whip and go full on dom on him.

Greta stepped forward, closing some of the distance between them, and he got a whiff of her. She smelled like flower petals and rain water. He wondered if she had just taken a shower or if it was a perfume.

Her hands were flat on his chest as she began to pat him down, but he frowned at the feeling, looking down to see one of her wrists in a brace.

"What happened to your wrist?" He asked, also noticed a little bruising and swelling on her pinky and ring fingers.

She lowered her head, curls blocking out her expression. "I fell and caught myself weird."

There wasn't something off with her answer, but he stayed silent. Her hands patted down his sides, and he could feel the uncertainty through the minor touch. Greta had obviously never done this before, and he wondered what she would do if she actually found something.