All Around The World

March 1997

Liam got married. And Trix got to spend her favourite holiday with everyone she held dear with Noel by her side the entire time.

The baby was growing healthily and would be here in the height of summer.

They'd moved to her little house in Wales together. It was close to Peggy and was quiet and had plenty of space outside for the kid. They could focus on moving to a bigger house when the second one came along.

Trix sat with a satisfied sigh as she looked at the completed first draft of her book ready to be sent off to the publishers.

Noel had been working on songs for the third album and was ready to go record them. He looked happy. They'd even taken a holiday together. Paris.

She looked down at the ring on her finger. A gold band with a small circle of diamonds and a Ruby at the centre. It was a Gallagher heirloom from his great granny that had had a loving relationship with Noel's great grandfather for 63 years and They'd been blessed with 10 children. Trix couldn't think of a more perfect ring she was honoured to wear. She hoped she and Noel would be awarded the same happiness.

Initially they'd decided to just wait until the baby was old enough to get married. There was no rush. Peggy was so overjoyed to see her son happy that she didn't care. But Trix did. And she thought Noel probably did a bit too.

Noel kissed her on the cheek as he placed a cup of tea next to her.

"Done?"

Trix nodded.

"So...did you change the ending?" He asked eagerly.

Trix shook her head.

"No. Because the publishers actually want me to write more."

Noel grinned at her.

"That's great. I'm so proud of you you know. So...do you think they'll get a happy ending in the end?" 

Trix nodded and looked at him longingly.

"I think so."

The baby moved around and Trix rubbed her growing stomach. She was still carrying quite small but she felt huge.

"She giving you hassle?"

Trix nodded with a smile.

"As always. Just like you. Hey, you need to stop with this. You don't know. He could be a boy."

Noel shook his head.

"Me mam went through enough with Liam. No more boys in the family. That's it."

Trix laughed and nodded.

Noel took her hand in his twisting the ring on her finger.

"I want you to have the same name as the baby when it comes."

Trix's eyes widened.

"Noel...I'm 5 months pregnant. You're recording an album. I'm publishing a book...where are you finding time to get married exactly?"

Noel smiled and shrugged.

"I know. But it'd be nice wouldn't it?"

Trix nodded. She looked out to sea and bit her lip in deliberation.

"We could just have it here."

Noel frowned.

"What?"

"The wedding. Could get married in the Chapel keep your mam happy. Then just take guests back here onto the beach. If it rains we'll make sure everyone has umbrellas."