Hands to Heaven

Trix had come over later that night after much toing and froing. Peggy had given her a warm hug at the door.

"You know he cools down as fast as he blows up. He's in his room."

Trix smiled and nodded at her appreciatively.

She knocked on his door.

"Mam I told you I'm fine. Don't want any tea."

Trix smiled. He must feel bad if he wasn't eating.

"Well fine. I'll eat yours then I'm starving."

She heard the scrambling of feet then the door was pulled open eagerly.

Liam's eyes lit up and he looked like he wanted to hug her but was unsure if it would be well received.

"You came." He said gratefully.

Trix shrugged.

"Yeah. Thanks for the flowers. You haven't got any cakes to launch at me have you? Before I come in?"

Trix was trying to make a joke to lighten the mood.

Liam grimaced shaking his head remaining serious which was unusual for him.

"I'm really sorry Trix. There's no excuse for the way I acted. If you don't want to be friends no more I wouldn't blame ya."

Trix shook her head.

"Can't do that Liam. No matter what we do to each other I think we'll always be friends. You're too important to me. I can't lose you again."

Liam sighed.

"I don't deserve you as a friend."

Trix nodded with a playful smile.

"I know."

Liam moved onto the floor and patted the spot beside him.

Trix moved and sat next to him as they always did. He lit a cigarette and offered her a draw as he blew smoke out.

"This wasn't about you Trix...it was about me and him and our old man. Things I hadn't dealt with or thought about in years and I took it out on you and that wasn't fair. I'm so sorry. I think I always knew this would happen with you two...somehow...way before Noel did. I noticed how he was changing around you before even you did. I don't hate the idea of you two or anything. Bit weird and that, but I don't hate it. I think I was so angry because I was afraid I'd lose you. I can't have people walking in and put of my life Trix I'm telling you that now. This is it right. No more falling outs no matter what. I'm fucked up Trix but you knew that when you came. He's fucked me up big time...Noel too and I never even noticed."

Trix swallowed the lump in her throat and nodded.

"I know. But so am I. Dead mam abandonment issues over here. You're stuck with me and I'm stuck with you. We made that deal a long time ago blood brother. And that's why I won't see him anymore alri-"

"What? You can't do that. Don't he mean anything to you?"

Trix was surprised by Liam's defensive worried expression.

"Of course he does. But so do you and-"

Liam shook his head.

"No. Look, I'll be honest I don't get it. I don't get him. Most of the time I think he's a cunt. But he's my brother and I love him. And you, you're like my sister and I love you. I see the way he is with you and how happy you've been lately...who am I to come between that?"

Trix's eyes widened.

"Are you like...giving us your blessing?"

Liam snorted.