24.

Everybody was happy that Arielle was back home

Everybody was happy that Arielle was back home. I know that I was that she was back. Right where she belongs. In my arms. Nowhere else. As I was helping Linda cook for everyone in the house. I could feel her eyes in the back of the head, while I was cutting the peppers.

"Quand vas-tu demander à Arielle de t'épouser, Harry?" She asked as she was getting the skillet hot and ready for the veggies. I shrugged, looking down with a smile. Linda doesn't know that I had already proposed to Arielle. Sure, the hospital was not the best idea, but I knew that I wanted to spend forever with Arielle. She is my person. My world. My soulmate.

"Déjà fait, Linda." I said, picking up my head with a grin on my face. Linda looked at me with wide eyes and smiled big.

"Tu l'as déjà fait ? Tu as demandé à Arielle de t'épouser, H?" Linda asked excitedly. I just nodded with a soft smile upon my face.

"I did. In the hospital. Not very ideal, I know. But, geez, Linda, that woman makes me crazy. A good kind of crazy. Like I want everything with Arielle. A family, a flower shop, a nice house. I just want to get away from this life. This life was never meant for me. It was all my dad's." I told her, as I was leaning on the counter with my arms crossed, looking down.

"Mon amour, look at me, oui?" Linda spoke softly and I lifted my head up with tears filling the brim of my waterline as I looked at her. She just reached out and hugged me tight. I hugged back, crying into her neck. There was this overwhelming ache in my chest and it felt like I couldn't breathe. My chest was heaving as I let go of Linda, so that I wouldn't hurt her. I fell to the floor on my knees, literally on all fours.

"ARIELLE! Please help me." I could hear her footsteps as she came running down the stairs, entering the kitchen and kneeled down to look me into the eyes. I looked into her blue eyes and saw panic in them.

"Harry, bébé. Je veux que tu inspires et expires avec moi, d'accord?" Arielle spoke softly while looking into my eyes and sat me down on the floor gently, so my knees won't get messed up. I sat up against the cabinets, breathing in and out at a steady pace, just like my fiancée. Arielle had sat down on my lap with my arms wrapped around her. Arielle kept running her nails through my hair, knowing that it immediately calmed me down.

My breathing went back to normal after a few minutes of calming me down. Arielle and I just sat there in silence. You could hear our breathing and our beating hearts.

"M'sorry that I scared you, pretty." I whisper softly, leaning my head on her shoulder. I felt Arielle kiss my forehead with a sigh.

"S'okay bèbè. You just had me scared for a second. What happened, pretty eyes?" She was soft spoken, as if I would break if she spoke up.

I cleared my throat. "Marriage is a scary thing, darling. Sure it's one thing to talk about, but to actually plan everything? That's the scary part, Arielle." I huffed out, crossing my arms.