Jealous -- Present Mic x Y/n x Mirio

Present Mic x Y/n x Mirio

Part 2

"Jealous"

*Present Mic's POV

*Present Mic's POV

            It has been seven and a half years of not being able to see her face, smell her smell and kiss her lips. But it was fine, it was all fine. I had managed to forget her, but from time to time, as I looked around the apartment, I once brought her too, memories would start flooding in. It still hurt, seeing her happy with another man. Another man that isn't me. But I guess, it was the right decision to let her go.

            But what if I didn't? What if I did wait? Isn't love all about waiting? What if, instead of Mirio, it was me, holding her hands, intertwining it with mine. What if? What if, the name she mumbles in her sleep is mine and not his? Jealousy doesn't look good on me. I'm on the edge of my mind, thinking about her. The first few years was easy, not being able to see her that much was easy, and then years went by. "Togata's engaged", Shota said to me as I drank the glass of water on the table in front of me. We were in a bar, drinking or celebrating of some sort. "What?", I was shocked, stunned even. If he was engaged, then it could only mean one thing... he was engaged to her. To Y/n. To my Y/n... but she's not mine anymore, she never was, I guess. For a time, maybe, but never really mine to begin with.

            I stared into the TV as the news of the hero, Lemillion, being engaged to a famous healer and doctor, Y/n L/n. Her picture was shown on screen, a picture of her smiling. She was still beautiful as ever. She was always beautiful, especially when she wore my shirt and only had underwear, preparing breakfast for me in the morning, giving me a cup of coffee, toasting the bread and cooking bacons and eggs. "Good morning, Hizashi. How was your sleep?", she would ask and I would wrap my arms around her waist, the palms of my hand resting on her stomach, as if I was a holding a child. "Not as better as me waking up with you on my side", I would say to her and she would blush.

I looked at her, once more, on the TV screen and decided to pay her a visit. Maybe, hearing her voice would solve all of my problems. But it didn't solve anything when I did hear her voice, speak my name with such happiness. She jumped on to me and hugged me tightly, I hugged her back. It has been so long and now she's here in front of me. Please kiss me. I thought to myself, but shrugged it off. Idiot, she's engaged. I would say to my damn mind. Y/n, do you really love him now? Am I really the past? It hurt me to even think so, but it was the whole truth. I was the past and Mirio was her future and no matter how much jealous I get, I will never get her anymore, not now and not ever.

She did visit me on my apartment, like she had promised and we had dinner together. She told me everything that happened for the past seven and a half years. She told me her whole life story, even the story of her and Mirio. It's okay It doesn't hurt. I would get hurt, hearing his name in sweet sentences. Maybe I am going crazy? We ended up on the couch with glasses of grape juice. She inched closer, her knee touching my leg. It sent shivers all over my body, reminiscing our past as if it were yesterday. As long as she was safe and loved, I wouldn't want more. But I'm wrong, yet again, I'm wrong, because I feel like I wanted more. I want her love, but it's not meant to be. We continued talking for minutes on end. "Oh! OH! I have news that I haven't told anyone yet, but I'm super excited, so I'm going to tell you", she said to me as I stood up, pouring myself some non-alcoholic wine. "I can tell", I said as she continued to squeal. "Okay, here I go... Hizashi?... I'm PREGNANT!", I froze. It felt as if my whole world was crashing down. "Wow", was all I could muster to say.

"Mirio and I have been talking about it, but then we got busy and somehow, we forgot about it. But now... here I am, pregnant!", she seemed so happy that I smiled, blinking fast as I stuttered, the next words coming out of my mouth were, "That's great!". She jumped on me as I embraced her. She was thrilled, the most thrilled she's ever been. I don't think I've ever seen her like this. This happy and content. I didn't know what to feel, what to do, what to say. It was all blank and black. My mind was in the depths of the oceans, where nothing lies, but me, drowning. "I know! It's so great, Hizashi. I just feel like I'm on top of the world. I'm going to be a mother! And I just know Mirio would be so thrilled about it", I let her go as she walked towards the living room table, drinking the whole glass of grape juice as she turns around facing me. Why did it hurt? Why does it hurt? Why am I hurting? I was too confused, consumed in my own despair. "What day is it today? Isn't it Friday?", she asked and I nodded. "Don't you have a radio to work on, in... five minutes", she looks at the time on her watch. "Yeah, but I have a guest and that's why, I think missing a Friday wouldn't hurt", I said sitting down on the couch, passing by her. "Missing a Friday? You never miss a Friday", she exclaimed, following my movements. "You still listen?", I asked, a flickering light on my heart. "Hello? Your radio is one of my favorites things to do in Fridays. If I didn't meet up with you, I would be inside the apartment, listening to nonstop music and just dance around", there it was. The flickering light, shined so bright. I stared at her, remembering who she was, who she used to be. The girl of my dreams, well, the girl I had found. Her long hair was still vivid in my view, even if she already cut it short. Her wide smile, sparkling eyes. It felt like I was somehow back inside a memory, where I stared into her eyes at night as she laid beside me on my bed. She would graze her fingers, drawing patterns on my face as I smiled at her, leaning into her touch.

"Come on! You still have a few minutes to get ready before you start", she pulled my hand, trying to get me to get up as she urged me to start my radio show. "Y/n, it's fine", I retracted my hand from her, not wanting to feel her touch, because I might feel things, I only feel when she's in close contact. "Come on! Please! Let's go to your studio. Now!", she managed to pull me up, leading me to my studio as she pushed the door open. "You get ready there and I sit here", she said, pointing onto the seat, the seat where she once sat. It wasn't moved, because I didn't have the luxury nor the want to move it. It reminded me of our time together, and therefore, I would rather have it where it should be.

"Let me tie your hair properly", she moved my shoulders, facing my equipment as she took all of my hair into her hand. "You cut your hair", she said. "You noticed?", I turned my eyes in her direction, looking in the corner. "I notice the little things. Like how your mustache has never grown, which could only mean that you trim it every time", she does notice the little things, that was one of her dashing qualities. "I'll play one song, then I'm done", I said to her as she finished tying my hair up. "Two songs and then done", she insisted.

"One"

"Two"

"Y/n, only one and then I'm done"

"Hizashi. Play two and then done. That's it"

"You are infuriating sometimes, you know that'

"I am a persuader"

"Is that even a word?"

"If not, then I made it up. Now, play"

And so, I did. Starting with my usual introduction and then played, 'Starting Line' by Luke Hemmings. "How'd you know?", she asked. "Know what?", I countered. "That I love this song", she smiled widely and yet again, I felt my heart flutter. "Well, to be honest, I didn't know. But I know you love slow and motivational life songs", I said to her as I walked towards her. "Hmm, I do like those kinds of songs. Dance with me?", she pulled me and off she danced on the beat, twirling and holding my hand. This seems all too familiar.

"Dance with me, Hizashi", she said that once. "I'll guide you, just stay close to me", that one too. All too familiar, everything is what it was before. I can't stop these feelings. Y/n, if I would do something stupid, just this once, will you forgive me?