Unconditionally -- Dabi x Y/n

Dabi x Y/n

Part 1

"Unconditionally"

He retracted his arms back to him. I grazed my finger on it, feeling its beauty. He looked away, probably blushing from my touch, not letting me see his face. "Are you okay?", I asked him. He let out a grumble, hiding his scarred arms from me. "T-they're horrible, aren't they?", he stared at absolutely nothing as he touched his own purple-ish skin. "What are you talking about? They're lovely", I grabbed his chin, making him face me, I smiled so softly at him, placing a kiss. "They're beautiful", I pulled away and saw the faintest shine in his eyes, widening at what I said, cheeks flustered.

...

Many might not know this, but Dabi, also known by his real name, Toya Todoroki, was my childhood friend. The childhood friend, I had lost, because of some lie told to me that he died in a fire, in his OWN fire. As I lived my life, I had forgotten about him, but kept him close to my heart, photograph of us on the beach together when we were kids on my wallet. I never had any boyfriends or lovers because I didn't want one. I only wanted him. The ring on my necklace was given to me by Toya, a sort of promise ring, that he'd marry me if we grew up to be adults. An absurd promise. But still, it was left in my neck, close to where my heart beats.

"Please, don't hurt me", a man pointed a knife in my throat, demanding my money and phone and all other personal belongings. He pulls the necklace out of my neck and I pleaded for it back. "Give that back, please", I begged him to give it back to me. I couldn't bare to lose such a valuable thing. That ring kept me going, pointing me in the right direction. I was afraid to use my quirk on the man, because it was harmful, to say the least and I could obviously kill him with it. He shouted at me, not to move and I shut my eyes closed, the knife near my throat piercing in. Just then, I felt intense heat and opened my eyes to see the man, shouting in pain, burning in blue flames. "People who prey on the weak are pathetic", a voiced said, a voice all too familiar. I turned to the side, seeing none other than, one of the LOV members, the person known as Dabi. "Please, spare me", my tears flowed out of my eyes as I backed away, leaning against the wall. He picked up my belongings, looking closely to it. He found a picture on my wallet and saw initials in the ring. His eyes grew wide. "Y/n?", he called out to my name. I was shocked. How could he know my name? I stared into his eyes, those crystal blue eyes. His face was mere inches from mine as he stared into my eyeballs. "Y/n? Is that really you?", he asked, me confused as to what to say to this villain. "Who are you?", I asked and he looked down, backing away, returning his hands on his pocket. "No one you should know", he said and walked away. "D-Dabi! M-my necklace", I stuttered, still scared for my life. "Oh, right. I'm sorry. Here you go", he tossed me back my necklace and wallet. I picked up my phone to immediately call for 911. "See you later, Y/n", he said my name again.

"Hello, this is 911, what's your emergency?", I was silent. He felt familiar, but I couldn't point out who he was. In my eyes, he was a villain, that saved me and knew my name. "Hello? Is anyone hurt?", the voice on the other side of the phone said. "Y-yeah, a man is burned into a crisp. And I- I need help. I'm at-", I told the woman on the phone my location and soon a police car arrived. He immediately called for medic and back-up, inspecting the corpse and my wound. I told them everything that had happened and how a villain had practically saved me. "Ma'am, you weren't saved by a villain, you were spared", a police had said, but I didn't believe him. He knew who I was, but who was he. Who was Dabi? And what is my relationship with him. And why did he cling to my necklace, to the ring.