Lose You to Love Me -- Dabi x Y/n

Author's Note: I was thinking of writing in my own POINT OF VIEW and have it a first-person story. Hope you like it!

Dabi x Y/n

Part 1

"Lose you to Love me"

            "Where are you going?", I asked the man who stood in front of me as he wore his dark leather coat, opening the door to the apartment we live in, my apartment

            "Where are you going?", I asked the man who stood in front of me as he wore his dark leather coat, opening the door to the apartment we live in, my apartment. "I got a mission, be right back", he said as he closed the door behind me, not saying anything else. I sighed as I sat down on my couch, feeling my insides get twisted, worried sick about the man who tortured himself for so many years. But how could he not, when he didn't even feel pain anymore, no physical pain, just pure fire. A fire that consumed him.

            Dabi and I met at a secret facility. I couldn't exactly remember its name or where it was located. I've suppressed that part of me and I didn't want to go back from there and so I try to think that I came from somewhere beautiful. Even though that place had basically been the place where I grew up, I hated it. It felt unreal, full of liars. Dabi was the only exception. After three years of sleep, when he woke up, he was literally heartbroken in learning that his father had put him somewhere unknown. The doctor who took care of us – more like experimented on us – told him that he wasn't wanted anymore. I could tell it was a lie, everyone's a liar here and so, I didn't believe anything he said and went outside for some fresh air. Not a minute too soon, everything was burning, blue flames everywhere. I was confused, where was the people inside? What happened? I knelt down on the grass as I stared at those hot flames that swallowed my eyes. I look into the corner of it, to find the boy who slept for three years, walking somewhere.

            I decided to follow him. I didn't have any place to go to and I was abandoned by my family – a lie I don't believe, because clearly, I was stolen, but I didn't have the energy get away. I also stopped caring about the world I live in. I just wanted to die, but as the sky grew dark, my feet kept walking, following Dabi to his house. I saw him come on, sneaking in and waited outside. I waited outside, hugging myself, because of the cold.

            Then, he was outside, crying. Angry tears. He ran into a corner, and cried so much that he suddenly burst out, flames surrounding him. I touched him on the wrist and the flames stopped as he gasped. "Are you okay?", I asked, staring into those blue irises of his that felt like the deep crystalized ocean. It was beautiful. "Who are you?", he stared into my eyes. "Y/n. You're the boy who slept for three years, aren't you? You burned my home and so I don't have any place to go. I followed you here", I spoke in such a low and soft voice. I was only a kid, a teen back then and I was scared. He looked straight to me and my gaze traveled elsewhere. "You stopped my flames", he said, my hand still on his wrist. "That's my quirk. I can absorb others' quirk and make it my own, but I still don't get the hang of it. And I also tend to absorb everyone's energy when I touch them, but don't worry, I'm not absorbing you right now", I smiled, genuinely smiled as I glanced on his wrist and into my own as I continued to explain my quirk to him. "What shall I call you?", I asked him and he sighed, a long sigh. He tried putting on a smile and said, "Dabi". He took my hand and pulled me as he walked. The both of us didn't know where we'd end up, but he never cared and held on my hand closely. "From now on, Y/n. It's you and me", those where his words that struck me the most and gave me hope. The words I held dear so much, it's suffocating me. But that's what it is to love right? That is what it means to be a human?