Glimpse of Us -- Bakugo x Y/n x Todoroki

Bakugo x Y/n x Todoroki

Part 1

"Glimpse of Us"

            Bakugo always had a soft spot for Y/n

            Bakugo always had a soft spot for Y/n. They've been friends since they were born. She was always by his side as he was always with her. Of course, she was much nicer to Midoriya than Bakugo ever was. She included Midoriya in every game and Bakugo would scold her, but he had no power when it comes to Y/n. "When we grow old, make me your girlfriend, okay?", Y/n said to him, as she smiled, offering her hand. "Yeah, sure", he said, looking away, his little cheeks getting flustered. She laughs and he shakes his head, getting angry.

            Years later and the two were still pretty much best friends. Although she was getting frustrated as to how Bakugo treats her other friend, Midoriya. "Midoriya-kun. I'm really sorry about Katsuki", she apologizes when she saw Midoriya picking his notebook that Bakugo blew and threw out the window. "You don't have to apologize, Y/n-chan. It's not your fault", he smiled. She was really sorry; she couldn't do anything when it comes to Bakugo. "Y/N!", he shouted and she immediately turns around following Bakugo's voice.

            The two went to UA. Both of them having cool and useful quirks (just imagine what quirk you'd want to have). She was the second highest in the entrance exam. She was proud to have attended UA and become its student. She was even more excited that they've reached high school. "Are you excited, Katsuki?", she asked him as she tugs on his uniform. He was in his usual mood and rolled his eyes. "I was, until that Deku had to come here and become a dummy", he said and she pulls on his uniform. "You know, you have to let that pride go or you'll end up with nothing", she angrily walks off and leaves him by the entrance. Bakugo runs after her. "Hey wait. I'm sorry", he softly says, not showing people that he was indeed soft when it came to Y/n. "Sorry wouldn't cut it", she said and puts her arms crossed. "I'll treat you later, okay?", he looks away, flustered cheeks. She smiles and agrees as the two entered Class-A's room.

            Time surely passed by and they were on the bus, attending an activity outside of school. USJ, the center in which they were to have a training. Never did they anticipate that they would be attacked. As soon as Bakugo and Kirishima attacked the warped villain, all of them were teleported to different stages and she was with Todoroki. "Are you okay?", he asked her. "Yeah", she replied. She tried contacting someone, but no use. "Looks like we can't call for any help", she said to him, engaging in conversation. Y/n actually had a different first impression with Todoroki. She thought he was this serious toned guy, a snob to be exact, but the way he was handling the situation and constantly communicating with her was something out of the ordinary. Maybe she was wrong. Todoroki pretty much did everything as she followed him.

            After the USJ attack, Y/n and Bakugo had less and less time to talk, but if he did have time, he would dedicate it to her and only her. Bringing her food, knocking at her window like a prince charming, asking for Rapunzel's hair down. But soon, things started to go uneasy for the both of them. He became more and more aggressive with each day passing. All they ever talked about was how Deku somehow managed to have a quirk and how he was looking down on Bakugo. "Even if he does have a quirk, doesn't make you lower than him", she said, comforting his childhood friend, but his hands turned into fists as he punches the floor of her room.

            Weeks passed and there was no longer communication. Bakugo would want to talk to her, but she always had some excuse like having a study date with Yaomomo or shopping with Mina. Bakugo noticed that she wouldn't respond to his texts or calls or even when he knocks on her window. It made him more and more angry, rage surging through his well-built body, blood boiling. "Why isn't Y/n calling me back?", he asked himself, rolling his eyes, looking at his phone. He was in the city, roaming around, but then, he saw Y/n with Todoroki. They more likely bumped into each other. "Y/n", he called out and she looks down, embarrassed , and it seemed like she was avoiding him. "Bakugo", Todoroki greeted. "Shut up, half face. Y/n, I need to talk to you", he pulled her by the arm, but the gentleman Shoto, gripped on his and urges him to let Y/n go.

            "It's alright, Shoto. I'll call you later", he said and puts a hand on Todoroki's shoulder. He leaves them be and Bakugo pulls her to a private place, not many people, for them to talk privately. "It has been weeks... hell, a month since you last read my texts and answered my calls. Are you ignoring me?", he furiously asked, gripping on her arm. She pulls his grip away from her, locking eyes with him, not breaking. "I don't have anything to do with you, Bakugo-san", she said and tried walking off, but it made Bakugo more angry and so. "Oh, really now. With the formalities? What's your problem, Y/n?", his eyes twitched, longing for those soft gazes of Y/n. Where could those eyes be? It was as if he was almost crying. "You! You're my problem. It's been weeks... hell, a month and every day of it was spent on your bickering about Midoriya and how everyone is looking down on you and how you should be the only one who can succeed at things. How you think everyone is after you. You know what, Bakugo? You, yourself, will be the death of you", she almost screamed, the sting pain of her throat as she said those words to him. She pushes him away and rolls her eyes, immediately wanting to feel the soft strokes of her bed. Bakugo was speechless.

            From that day on, Bakugo started to focus on himself, but kept glancing at Y/n and Shoto talking. Y/n laughing at the cluelessness of the fire and ice boy. She smiled so widely, something she used to do with Bakugo. She would smile to him if she made a joke that wasn't that funny or that she succeeded in pranking him and he would just admire her laugh.

            Y/n, on the other hand, missed him deeply. The proud boy, Katsuki, who didn't need to be so aggressive when he's around her. She missed the times where she was with him, buying foods, just casually talk and spend some time. The Bakugo in whom, promised to become her boyfriend when they grow slightly older. Was it right to use Todoroki as a coping mechanism for the friend she's going to lose? She didn't know what to do, but for some reason, it wasn't just that she was using Todoroki as a coping mechanism. He and Bakugo had little and bits of similarities that makes her think and see glimpses of them. She felt a little mad at herself for doing that, but she doesn't mean it. She genuinely did like, him, like Shoto. Maybe the coping mechanism tool was just an excuse to find some closure. She was confused, but she knew she needed to focus on her schooling and her dream of becoming a hero.

...

            In the months of not being able to speak with each other, Bakugo grew angry, but at least he had Kirishima to calm him down. When he was kidnapped by the League of Villains, Y/n's heart sank and cried, Midoriya comforting her saying sorry. She said it wasn't his fault, nor it was any of them, but they needed to get him as soon as possible. Todoroki comforted her the most, in which he said to her that Bakugo would be fine, because he was Bakugo. He gave her hope to hold on to.

Y/n was left out of the plan to save Bakugo. Todoroki didn't want her in harm's way, but he made sure that he will get Bakugo home. Everything changed after Bakugo had been saved, but because of the guilt he had felt when All Might's reign had come to an end, he grew even more distant than before. Y/n hugged him so tightly when he came back to the school, but Bakugo shrugged her off. Y/n tried so hard to comfort him in any way, because she knew what exactly he was feeling at that very moment. She tried and tried, until eventually, she gave up.

Few weeks have passed and the two of them never reconciled with one another. Why do you have to be so stubborn? And why do I have to like you this way? Why did I ever made that stupid promise and hope that you'll keep it. Why do I care about you so much? We'll we ever go back to the way things were?