TEN | THE CHASM

Começar do início

"I think you're lying to me," he said, honestly.

"Why would I lie to you?" She acted innocent as if she had no clue what he was talking about.

He leaned forward, his lips forming a straight line, "I'm going to ask you one more time, what were your test results, Celia?"

"Amity," she was only partly lying, I mean, she did get amity with the other three. He leaned back and got up.

"Fine, you're free to go," he concluded, going back to the computer. Celia got up and started walking away. She got to the door before he spoke up again, "Celia," she looked back at him. "Just so you know, dauntless don't 'just do' that." Celia glanced down before rushing out the door. She knew who she had to go see.

When Celia got to the tattoo shop she immediately started looking for Tori. If Tori knows so much about divergents, Celia will make her tell her. When she finally found the older woman, she smiled and waved. Tori rolled her eyes as Celia went up to her.

"God, you teenagers are persistent," the older girl remarked.

"Yeah, I know," she laughed before Tori dragged her to the back.

"I'm guessing you want answers?" She quizzed.

"Yeah, I wanna know what the hell is going on with me," Celia was annoyed that everyone but her seemed to know everything about divergents.

"My brother was like you. During the second stage, he got good really fast. Last day of the simulations, one of the dauntless leaders came to watch him. The next morning, we found his body at the bottom of the chasm. They got rid of him," Tori explained what happened to her brother. Celia felt scared, she hasn't really felt that in a while. He got good really fast. So did she.

"Who did?" She questioned.

"Dauntless leadership. You can't let them find out about you," Celia tensed.

"What if they already know?" She thought of Four and how he interrogated her earlier.

"Then you're already dead," those words sent shivers down her spine. Dead. She left after that, wanting to think about what she had learned from Tori. She knew she had to talk to someone, the only person she could think of was Amara, her only abnegation friend, who switched to erudite. Kai and Kol would tell her she was just being paranoid, that's what they always did. Celia went up to the roof, getting Deja vu from the day with Four. When the train whizzed by her, she got on.

She watched the scenery pass by, waiting till she had to jump. She shouldn't be doing this, Four wasn't with her this time. She was lucky he found her before she got on the train last time. If she got caught doing this, it could be horrible. She jumped out and started walking to the erudite headquarters.

She walked around, not knowing where she was going. She got to what seemed like an office room. She and Amara spotted each other from where they were both standing. Celia motioned her to come to where she was and the erudite girl complied.

"Cecelia! What are you doing here?" Amara questioned, confused.

"It's just Celia now, but I'm in trouble," Celia explained before Amara dragged her to where no one would eavesdrop on them.

"What happened?" A whole hell of a lot happened, she thought.

"I might not make it at dauntless. I don't fit in there," she explained, worried.