Chapter Thirty Six | Drishti, The Vidhikari

"I dont get the point of this

"I dont get the point of this." Drishti whispered with a cringe face "Why do we have to see a man bathing? That too him, yuck!"

"Its ritual." Dushala murmured shyly not daring look where her husband to be was in the river meanwhile Dushasan snickered behind them along with Ashwathama.

"I would have rather had a senseless horror dream that to be here at this time." Drishti commented folding her arms grumpily. All of them stood at the river, it was still dark, the sun was yet to rise, probably four o'clock in morning.

Drishti requested to let her stay in the castle but all the elders insisted she had to accompany today, so a grumpy and half asleep Drishti stood hanging between Dushala and Draupadi, holding her from falling asleep right there.

"Its cold." Drishti murmured and just after a few moments, she recieved a shawl secretly coming from Karn who stood at the other end, too far from her but the hundred Kaurav's accomplished the task, passing the shawl till it reached Drishti.

Now the shawl felt useless while she was wrapped in it, as her cheeks already heated up glancing at Karn.

After a long while when the ritual was completed, Drishti assumed it to be the end as she was dying to back to her room and hit her bed, but that was not in the plans according to the others.

"Drishti" Pitamah began in her direction causing her sleepy eyes to open wide as she was dozing off on Dushala's shoulder but now stood erect. "Yes Pitamah?!"

She startled the others and herself with her tone. Pitamah cleared his throat before beginning again "As you are like a sister to Dushala and you have been doing everything perfectly so from today you will hold the most important post in Dushala's wedding, you will be the Vidhikari."

With her eyes shrinking in extreme confusion, Drishti made a a weird face, before she could begin asking a loud yawn escaped her mouth causing everyone to shake their heads while some chuckled.

"Sorry-" She apologised nonchalantly after yawning "-Thats a great name Pitamah but I dont think it will go with my personality, you see I am actually modern girl from inside and when anyone will call me by that name it might look like they are calling an ancient elephant-"