Epilogue ☽︎ A Second Chance

Start from the beginning

I get into the driver's seat and we drive three blocks to Kimmie's first opening. I'm just so excited for her. I was there when she painted some of them so not all of them would look strange to me but still, I'm knocked out of my breath when I walk in. Holy goodness, it's like I can feel her everywhere, the room surrounded by her art and people looking around and asking questions.

"Maddie!" I hear Junior call and next thing I know Maddie leaves my arms and runs away.

"Maddie!!!" I hear again and those are Sapphire and Jasmine, Nick's twins and of course, Junior's little brother, Holden. The Kids run off, and Brittany winks at me, following behind them with her swollen belly.

"This is fucking incredible," Nick curses, staring at the entire room in awe. I raise a brow at him and he gives me an incredulous stare. "What? The kids are not here so I can swear,"

I laugh at his words and I focus on the paintings again. Every one of them is a part of her that she pours onto a blank canvas. And fuck, people are buying this shit. And so I buy one of them, the one of me sleeping in the late hours of the morning, clutching her pillow to my chest like my life fucking depends on it.

"I knew you'd buy that," I hear her and I turn to see her happy, so fucking happy, with a sheepish grin on her face.

"Look how fucking stunning," I twirl her and she leans into my touch, irrespective of the crowd covering each of the paintings. "I'm keeping this in our bedroom," I tell her and she nods in total agreement.

"I haven't sold it because I wanted you to buy it," more sheepish grins."Where's Maddie?" She asks.

"Playing with her cousins and friends, you know how much she adores Junior and Holden, it's too cute it makes me cry sometimes," I admit and she kisses my cheek Her Personal Assistant arrives, getting the painting and taking it to her office. He winks at us and we both groan, dude will never let us forget the day he walked in on us christening the new office.

"I'm glad I get to achieve all this with you by my side," she whispers, "I'm so damn lucky,"

"No babe, I'm the lucky one, I get to watch you figure everything out, I get to watch you create something fucking beautiful from paintbrushes and blank canvases, I'm the lucky motherfucker," I tell her and her lips curl into a bright smile.

"Mommy!" Maddie yells for us when she comes back to the huge art room and she runs into her mother's grasp. "I'm so proud of you, mommy!" She yells and a few visitors gush at our little girl.

"Awwww honey," Kim kisses our little girl's cheeks and then she notices our matching t-shirts. "You guys are cute, you know that right?" She looks at me and then back to Maddie.

"Go Mommy! Go Mommy!" Maddie yells again and Nick shoots me a knowing smile from across the room.

I carry my little Madeline, kissing her forehead and then I kiss my wife's forehead, grateful for how blessed I am to have them both in my life.

And everything more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

It's finally over and I'm tearing up!

If you're a new reader my name is Mira Brendan, an eighteen year old student by day and writer by midnight. So Hiiiiiiiii!

*Also I've had people ask questions about where I'm from. I am from Nigeria, somewhere in West Africa. And yes we do not have hockey in my country, just watching ESPN and following the NHL's Instagram and writing about a sport I know absolutely nothing about LMFAO