Chapter Thirty-Two ☽︎ Let It All Go

MY HEART BEATS fiercely out of my chest

MY HEART BEATS fiercely out of my chest. I just gave myself away. I was going to wait until the party was over but seeing her in that red dress stripped me of all my reason and logical thinking. It's been a month and a week tops, and my skin crawls whenever I wake up and she's not beside me. I've been back a few weeks and I've been prepping for the new season with the team. It's been a productive week, and this whole party was Liz's idea. And so far, it's been fucking great. I can see that Kim has really gotten through to Alex and honestly, that makes me happy, in a way.

I'm staring into her glassy eyes and wordless lips when T's awfully deep voice blasts around Aaron's super enormous backyard.

"Okay, okay, back it up guys," He jokes and a collective sound of groans and laughter fill the place. "Alex wants to sing his number and leave," There's a tiny bit of a sad note to his voice. My eyes scan for Jodie and I find her, next to Brittany, watching Alex with curious eyes as he sits on the piano seat and faces everyone.

"And as weird as this looks, we are all going to pretend to enjoy this," He jokes and Alex faces him, a small grin playing on his face. It surprises the hell out of T that he laughs a little, before letting Alex do his thing. Kim looks to me for an explanation, surprise in her eyes and a grin tugging at the corners of her lips. She looks back to Alex, who's eyes linger on the keyboard and then back to us.

"It's a duet," His deep baritone fills the backyard and I mentally stop myself from looking at Jodie. "Jo?" He says and everyone goes quiet. "Please?"

Jo nods quietly, walking towards the piano and grabbing a mic from T. We all watch quietly as she adjusts the mic stand until it's as tall as Alex's body framework, and then she moves to sit opposite him.

"Happy Birthday, Kimberly," Alex says, his eyes lingering on Kimmie and I for a moment, before retreating to Jo. He plays the first few notes of the song and everyone aw's, already eager to sing along to the chorus.

Let It All Go - Birdy & Rhodes

Jodie sings the first lines, and then moves to the pre-chorus. And then at the chorus, we all find ourselves singing, myself included as Kimmie looks around us, wiping a little tear off her left eye.

But if we're strong enough,
To let it in
In, in, in
In, in, in

We're strong enough,
To let it go
Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh

Let it all go, let it all go
Let it all out now………

Alex sings the second verse of the song, and everyone stares in awe. And I mean everyone. Dude's been super quiet for almost four years and the first time he finally says a couple of words it's a song? We've all got a lot of questions to ask, but knowing Alex, he's definitely not going to answer everyone. That also doesn't stop us from noticing the very obvious electricity between Jodie and him, and how they always stop to look at each other as the song goes on. We all sing the chorus again, this time Kimmie sings along, entwining her fingers with mine and looking up at me. We're all a cluster of voices, totally out of place, but only Alex is the real singer here, and let's not forget that he's also a pianist. Like I said, so many questions.