Chapter Nineteen ☽︎ Cold Showers

H U D S O N

"I can't believe I'm actually going to miss you," Jodie whines as she helps me pack my things.

"Come on let's face it, you wish you knew I existed for a longer time," I wink she she throws a pillow at me.

"I'm packing condoms," she winks and I try to act unbothered. "Don't look dumb, you like her," she winks again and I glare at her.

"I have no idea what you're talking about,"

"Your cheeks are red," she accuses, a mocking grin on her face. My cheeks are not fucking crimson.

"Are you going to pack my stuff or should I chase you away and do it myself?"

"Chill out big bro, I'll be out of your hair in a couple of hours," she laughs mockingly. I didn't realize anyone would notice the way I looked at Kimmie tonight. The way she danced, free as a bird, I've never seen her look so free in forever. It felt so welcoming, and she looked so fucking happy.

The crazy tension between us whenever we're in a room, I felt it ten times more, but I can't touch her again, not until she tells me to, not until I know her body needs me. This is so fucking complicated, how do I do this? I thought being friends would make things easier, but it's all messed up in my head, seeing her everytime, laughing with her, smiling at her, I realize now that I want to win her back, that I want to prove that I can be the man she wants me to be, the man she loved, that man she can give a second chance, even though I fucked it up once before. She still looks at me the way she did, like I'm some saint, like I've got something big and I'm not fucking seeing it.

I still love her, and if that's not fucked up, I don't know what is.......

Maybe Mom was right. If Lee doesn't win her back, maybe Brandon Zac will, maybe I'll bring this character to life so much that she'll fall in love with me again. Maybe this is it. Maybe I still have a chance to fight for us. Maybe our old dreams of forever can still come to pass.

What if she no longer loves me?

What if she's really moved on?

I quickly banish the sad as fuck thoughts, as Jodie and I get on each other's nerves, while packing my stuff. And for some reason, I don't take out the condoms, even when she dares me too, that earns me a playful smirk and playful jab in the shoulder. I'm gonna miss Jodie. No cap. She's been there for me, even when I was too shocked to believe that she was one of my Dad's other kids, even when I thought I was never going to meet any of them. I pull Jodie into a hug, she seems shocked at first, but then she leans in, hugging me right back. I almost tell her shit about Alex, but I let it go, I've got my own woman to win back........and slowly of course.

☽︎ ☽︎ ☽︎

The morning comes as fast as a freaking bird. It's almost as if I just laid down to sleep and opened my eyes in a second to the cold of the early morning. I glance at my phone screen, 4:00AM it reads. I hop off the bed and rush to the shower. By 4:20AM, I'm in the mirror with my Mom, who is getting rid of the stuff on my face.

"I'm missing you already," she mumbles.

"Chill Mom, I'm not going forever," I chuckle.

"But you're going to be gone for months," she whines.

"And I'll be here to keep you company," T walks in and I laugh as he pats my shoulder.

"Until your mama calls you," Mom points out and T chuckles.

"Then I'll be here," Jo walks in, hugging my Mom from behind. "My mom only thinks of me when she needs something, but you make me breakfast even when I'm not hungry, so yeah, I'm here,"