Chapter Thirty-One ☽︎ Spend The Rest Of My Life

I WAKE UP in my own bed

I WAKE UP in my own bed. That's right, I finally moved to my house. My phone vibrates on the nightstand and I groan, who texts someone at seven fifteen in the morning?

Liz, that's who.

LIZ: HAPPY FREAKING 28TH BIRTHDAY!!!

I can't help the smile on my face. I've missed a ton of Liz's birthdays over the years, but she's never missed mine, ever. She's either texting or facetiming. Like she's doing now; requesting a facetime.

"Hey, birthday girl," she drawls and I hear Aaron saying something to Junior in the background.

"Happy Birthday sis!" Aaron yells and Junior makes excited noises. I love that kid.

"Shh, I'm having sister time," Liz shushes Aaron and I think she moves away from the room because I hear the click of the door after some seconds. "So, I have news," she says, and her voice has a giddy note to it. I raise a brow, urging her to continue.

"Hudson got back from Milan a week ago," She says and my heart skyrockets. I have spoken to him in a month. I suck. "The hockey season is almost upon us, so that means Less sex," she points out.

"How is he?" I can't help but ask.

"Well, he's alright, he's sparring daily with Alex — who is also back, honestly, their bromance is so hot — and well, he's just Hudson, or Lee, as you call him," she winks.

"Oh and you need to be at my house by seven pm, dress hot and sexy," she says, and her tone tells me that it's not a request.

"Um, excuse me? I have five years on you, who's the older sister here?" I joke and she giggles.

"Just be here, seriously, and don't fight with me," she says.

"I will be there," I tell her and she shrieks in excitement. Then her face turns somber. And I know that look, she wants to say something but she doesn't know how to approach.

"Liz, you can say whatever you want to say, we promised not to treat me differently," I pin her with a stare.

"Have you held the Stones twins?" She asks.

"Yeah, Nick invited me over just two days ago, gosh, they're so small, and their names are just so sweet," I giggle at the memory.

"Sapphire and Jasmine," we both chorus in unison.

"I held them, Jasmine didn't cry so much but Sapphire did, she wanted her Dad so bad so I gave her back,"

"Wait, you went there two days ago?" She asks and I nod.

"And you didn't see Hudson?"

"Nope, I didn't," I shrug.

"That's weird, considering the fact that he and Jodie were there all day trying to make Bri feel more comfortable and also constantly annoying her," Liz chuckles.