my girl is absolutely delusional

we arrive at the mansion after 15 minutes of utter awkwardness and dead silence. I cant deal with this for much longer.. J pulls into the garage and then heads straight to the front door without saying one word. I follow him and once we are inside he mumbles something like "i'll be in my office." then walks off taking very long strides.

Nobody is in the house except me and him. I walk over to the kitchen counter and sit down on the stool placing my head on the marble surface. Heavy tears were threatening to leak out of my eyes, and my first instinct was to text Eloise to come over here as soon as she can. 10 minutes later i heard a knock on my door and let my bestfriend in.

She hugged me as tight as a pickle jar for what seemed like a million years. "it's okay i'm here for you, if you want to stay with me then you are more than welcome, you know that." i stay silent knowing never in a million years would J ever let that happen. 

"I just don't know what to do.." i whisper my voice cracking sharply as i sobbed. I felt so weak. I just let Eloise hold me in her arms, at this point i just have to accept defeat. We slid down onto the hard cold tiles and just sat in silence. suddenly Edmund stumbles into the room a few large twigs in his left hand and a large flower pot in his right. It took him a while to notice us on the floor but mid step he came to a halt. He stared at our slouched huddled bodies on the floor.

"why are you and your friend on the floor miss Isabelle? is everything okay?" the little old man asked with pure concern on his face.

I stood up helping Eloise stand by pulling her hand. "yeah everything's okay thank you Edmund, just a little tired that's all" Edmund didn't look convinced at all but he soon nodded and continued his way back to the garden.

I was still shaking but Eloise tried as hardest as she could to calm my nerves. "trust me babes he will NOT hurt you OR your baby. If he even attempted to i will murder him with my own bare hands"

Slow strong steps came up behind us followed by a familiar evil voice. "i highly doubt that" J chuckled at his comment. His pale face turned from a smile to a scary stern look on his face. His eyes piercing into my skin as he stared at me. "Eloise Eloise Eloise.. i suggest you go home, threatening myself in my own home is not a good choice to make" he waved goodbye at Eloise rudely "ta ta"

I mouthed 'i'm sorry' to Eloise as she slid out of the front door. Why the fuck does he think he has the right to be so patronising to people, especially my BEST FRIEND! I stormed off away from J ignoring his calls after me. I could hear him following me so i sped up my pace, then locking myself in the guest bathroom. It was a big enough room, bigger than my bedroom back at my old apartment anyway. I sat on the floor resting my back against the door.

Silence.

I could feel a subtle bump against the door, J had sat on the opposite side of the door. "Isabelle.." J quietly said. If it wasn't deadly silent in the house then i wouldn't have even been able ti hear him. "What J." I replied with an attitude. I cant be arsed for his games right now. "watch your tongue doll"

There was around 2 minutes of silence before J finally spoke "why didn't you tell me sooner?" I didn't know what to say that wouldn't piss him off, my eyes stung like hell, i could feel the salty tears rolling down my face and soon enough i was sobbing again. "Unlock the door.. please" I reached up above me and twisted the lock, i heard a click and then quickly shifted away from the door. It slowly creaked open and J's head popped round the corner.

When he saw me on the floor he immediately pulled me up by my hand and picked me up, i felt like a koala clinging onto him. His hands were on my ass but unlike usual it wasn't in a sexual way, he was comforting me. "why didn't you tell me doll?" his voice was softer than usual as he put his weight on one foot to another rocking me. My head was nuzzled into his collarbone and my arms round his neck playing with his vibrant green hair. I sniffed his cologne and it comforted me.

"I.. I don't know. i'm sorry i thought you would be really angry if you found out" I could only whisper between sobs. I felt J's body tense up and the rocking stopped. "what?" he spoke confused with a tinge of anger in his tone. "what do you mean i would be angry?!" he put me down and took a few steps back away from me. shit.

i didn't say anything, i couldn't think of the words that make a functioning sentence.

"ANWSER ME"

I stepped back now scared, what if he tried to hit me? i knew this was going to happen i should have never came to see eloise in the first place and then i wouldn't be tied up in the twisted mess. "how dare you think that. you know NOTHING about me!.. fuck this.." J stormed out of the room slamming the door as hard as he possibly could. It sent a gust of wind throughout the room causing me to have shivers again. what have i got myself into.

J's POV:

i cant believe this woman, thinking i would be a shit dad, all i've ever wanted was to be a father. even though this baby wasn't planned and i certainly when i first took Isabelle didn't expect her to be the mother of my first child. i mean i'm the JOKER i can't think of a better dad to be honest. i would protect that woman at ALL costs. does she not realise this. I would fight 100 million men with my bare hands if she was in danger. i would die for her. i would even live for her. my girl is absolutely delusional.