James nodded as he added, “Who just so happen to be one of the few girls on campus who isn’t falling all weak kneed need for him.”

I nodded my head as Max looked at me, “Was he there when you left?”

Shaking my head I said, “No his car wasn’t in the driveway when I left.” 

James looked at Max and said, “He’s probably with Haz.”

I smiled, “Ah the Shawn to his Nick.” Max and James laughed as they stared to talk about Frat house business.

A Little Back Story

Me and Max had been best friends since we were 4. My mom use to drop me off at his house whenever she or my dad had to work night shifts. Max had been my first sleepover. Years following he had been my first kiss and that was only because everyone in our 5th grade class had already had their first kiss so we thought what the hell let’s just get it over with. I had never liked Max like that and the feeling was the same with Max.

To him I was like his little sister and to me he has been like the only male figure in my life, especially after my father died after my 10th birthday. Me and Max were basically inseparable if you didn’t know any better you would think that we were twins. When we both came to this UNI he begged that I pledged a house with him, but I told him to go ahead that Frat houses weren’t my thing, I’m more of a book junkie nerd, I just didn’t look like one.

When Max pledged that’s how he met James, they instantly cliqued and that just made our duo a trio. It was a few months after that Niall was admitted in as a late pledge. When I first met him I quickly knew that he was a player. From the way he talked, acted, and the way he spoke to girls, you’d have to be blind not to see that his had player tattooed all over him.

After Niall had been here for a while he ended up cliquing with a fellow member named Harry, and when those two started hanging out it was like you knew they would be nothing but trouble. After meeting them both and seeing them in action, talking to girls at a party was when I gave them both the nickname of Shawn and Nick from Fired up.

I swear if you didn’t know any better you would have seriously thought that, that movie was solely based on them personally. They were the campus flirt’s and they loved the attention. The girl fraternities decided that they would nominate every semester, who was the five hottest guys on campus?, and every semester the five guys were Niall, Max, Harry, James, and some guy named Keith who I rarely even saw.  Me and Niall never gave two cent about each other but I respected him since he knew Max and he respected me because he didn’t want to lose his friendship with Max because of me.

Grabbing my milkshake from Max I started drinking it when the door chimes rang, and all you could hear was, “APG!” I turned around to see Niall and Harry walking up.

Niall wore a regular t-shirt that read something like, Your mom wants to ride, and some dark jeans, while his dirty blonde hair was neatly place under a black snapback that was turned backwards. Harry was following behind Niall, he wore a white shirt that said, Fuck Me, while he wore dark skinny jeans, and his dark curly hair slightly pushed back.

Max and James yelled, “APG!” back as they stood up, slapping high fives and giving each man hugs. I moved over in the booth as Max slid back into the sit next to me, with James, Niall, and Harry sitting across from us. “What’s up Missy.” Niall said as he locked eyes with me and smiled.

“It’s been what 3 almost 4 years now Niall, are you ever going to say my actual name?”

Niall shakes his head and grabs a fry from my plate, “Nah probably not.”

I rolled my eyes as I smiled and looked at Harry, “Hey Harry.”

Harry smiled and said, “Hey Mel, how are you?”

I shrugged my shoulders and smiled, “Eh I’m good, what about you? Looks like the summer break did you well.”

Harry smiled, “Yeah I’ve been hitting the gym extra hard over the summer.”

I nodded and smiled, “Well you look good.”

Harry smiled as Niall said, “What? I don’t get a, ‘You look good Niall.’ Huh?”

I turned and looked at him, “No you don’t.”

Niall cocked an eye brow at me and said, “And why not?”

I grabbed a fry from my plate and smeared it in ketchup as I said, “Because your ego is already as big as the damn white house, I don’t think I need to get involved with it inflating anymore.”

With his eye brow still cocked, he smirked and said, “You will one day.”

I laughed, “Yeah I’ll compliment you, the day that a unicorn comes outside my house with a satchel filled with gold coins.”

We all laughed as James says, “So we heard about your little peep show you did today.”

Niall laughed grabbing the other half of my burger off my plate and said, “Look I didn’t know I was bunking with Missy, if I would have known I would have at least put on a jock strap or speedos.”

“So is that what you do? You hear that you’re staying in a coed condo and the first thing you do is strip to absolutely nothing and you stand directly in the living room?” I asked drinking my milkshake.

“Wey Hey! LWWY right.” Niall smiled biting into the burger.

James laughed and said, “Dude what the hell is LWWY?”

“It’s some saying me, and the boys from back home made up, it stands for Live While Were Young.”

Max laughs, “Why does that sound like it should be in a song sung by an English boyband?”

“I don’t know, but it sounds why better than saying YOLO.” Niall said as he bit into the burger again.

James laughs again, “Man says who? A teenage boy band crazed girl?”

We all laughed as Niall said, “Alright get off me, but the reason me and Harry swung by is because we need to start discussing next month’s Welcome Back frat party.” And just like that the boys were knee deep in talking drinks, music, and location for their annual Welcome Back frat party that they throw every third Saturday the month after classes start.

{Author's note: please comment and vote! it would mean alot..}