Toxic next steps

3rd Person POV:

Peter was in the science class at Arkham College, the once asylum had been refurbished into a school after being proved useless as a penitentiary.

The villains and non-superpowered mentally deranged were sent to Blackgate prison.

Sadly, due to the "vibe" of the place, this new college didn't have many students even though it had top-tier professors and equipment funded by Wayne industries.

This was all good for Peter however as he had many opportunities to make the web fluid and do his Spider thing.

Sadly though, Ned was no longer with him... In-person.

They talked constantly on the phone, but Ned took an abroad deal so he could be with his mysterious girlfriend.

Peter: Add a little this... And... Should be-

He hides the web fluid as he looks at the door to see a new student.

(Tough as steel: Karen Starr)

Karen: Whatcha doing?

Peter: Homework... Sorry, do we know each other?

Karen: Right... Forgot. I'm Karen Starr.

Peter: You poor thing...

Karen: Huh?

Peter: I'm Peter Parker.

Karen:(smirks) Nice to meet you.

Peter:..... I don't like how you're looking at me.

Karen: Oh, you'll get it eventually.

Peter: Hope not.

Quickly pouring the fluid into one mega cartridge for later redistribution, Peter makes his leave.

Karen: Mind showing me around?

Peter: Yes. I'm really busy.

Karen: I can wait until you're done.

Peter: By the time I'm done you could have figured it out by yourself.

Peter: So good luck. I know you can do it.

He shuts the door on her and runs off.

Ever since Gwen, Peter has become more distant from new people, focusing more on being Spiderman than maintaining any new relationships.

(Opening theme)

Swinging across the city, Spidey patrolled Gotham for any crime.

Spider-Man:(mind) I need to find time to transform that copy spider's suit I nicked into a real Spidey costume.