💜Emerald's Testimony💜

This is Nerd1Weeb2Geek3 's testimony! Thank you for sharing!

So I grew up in a fairly religious household, my Mom is Christian but my Dad isn't. When I was younger, especially when I was in grades K-3 I was very religious and nothing could compromise it despite living in a non Christian community.

It also helped that three of my teachers were Christian as well and helped me uphold my faith and relationship with God.

Switching to homeschooling didn't change my views on faith or anything, but slowly my family drifted away from the church and reading the Bible as work started to take over our lives since my Mom started her own business and me and my sister were left to look after our brothers.

Me and my older sister still kept up as much as we could with making sure our brothers had a steady faith, but even that didn't last.

I would have been in grade seven when I started to question my faith quite a bit. Like, was this all worth it or was God even a thing. I found that it was to much of a hassle and took to much effort to keep up with. I stopped praying that year and I've never regretted anything more.

So when Covid hit, I started to rebuild my faith with small things, like listening to Christian music, reading the Bible and even though we were unable to make it to Church, I started praying again and it's been pretty good since then.

My faith isn't as strong as it could be, but I am happy that God led me through all the trials that school brought on and even though I honestly felt that he abandoned me, I know now that it was simply a test of faith.

Thank you, again, Nerd1Weeb2Geek3 for sharing!