Chapter Sixteen

Maria returned with these sunset looking drinks and refused to tell us the contents. Let's just say you could tell there was much more alcohol than mixer.

We danced to the music, swaying our hips and laughing. Nico's hands somehow found their way to my waist whilst he'd pressed against me. Maria raised her eyebrows suggestively and I came to the conclusion that she would get on very well with Vienna.

"I think I need to sit down," I say, out of breath, and moving away from Nico's touch. His hands slide down my arms, soothingly.

"I'll get you some water," Nico says before moving towards another stand.

Maria and I sit down at a table, the both of us having had too much to drink. "Those cocktails are lethal. A few sips and I feel like I can do anything," she laughs and I join her. "I'll tell you a secret... not even I know what are in the drinks." Maria immediately hushed me.

"Maria! You lied to us," I say in between drunken mumbles.

"You know what we should do? We should jump off the docks and into the sea. It'll sober us up a bit," she suggests. Over the course of the day we had gravitated further down the street. We tried an array of traditional foods and drinks, getting fuller and drunker with each step. Nico seems to have held his drink much better than Maria and I.

"Yes! That sounds like fun," I laugh and Maria grabs my hand, pulling me towards the docks.

It only takes a matter of seconds before we are at the edge, where the concrete meets the water. Kicking off our shoes, we stand looking down at the abyss. "Are you ready?" she asks and when I nod we count down from three.

"One... two... three!" we scream before jumping off of the edge. The water is freezing as it washes over me, surrounding me. I float there for a second, letting my drunken state enjoy the feeling of the ocean meeting my skin.

Eventually, I break for the surface, gasping for air. I splash Maria and she returns the gesture. However, Maria and I can't contain our laughter when there Nico stands on the dock, water bottle in hand and a glare settling on his features.

"You could have drowned," Nico professes, holding out his hand to help me get out. "You two have had more than enough to drink."

Nico helps me out of the water and runs a hand over his face before groaning. "What's wrong now?" I ask and he stares at my dress.

"There is no way you are going anywhere dressed like that," Nico says, voice stern. Furrowing my brows in confusion, I look down at my dress. My white dress that is now completely transparent. Maria lets out a howl and I can't help but join her. My black lacey underwear is more than visible.

I'm glad I chose somewhat appealing underwear today otherwise I would be rather humiliated right now.

"Damn girl!" Maria cheers me on and I laugh at the scowl etched into Nico's face. I grip the hem of my dress before peeling the wet material off of my skin. Maria whistles and I contemplate throwing her in.

"Very funny, Heidi, put it back on," Nico says and I give him a sweet smile. Never did I think I'd be standing in front of Nico, in only my underwear, ever again.

"I'm gonna let you deal with her," Maria sings before walking back to where we left our drinks.

"Make me," I say, the most childish thing known to mankind. I just love seeing the way Nico lets himself get so agitated by my goading. I laugh before moving around him and running down the dock, Nico's hand just about skimming my hip in a late attempt to halt me.

"Heidi, you won't get very far. You're drunk and manage to stumble every few steps," Nico says, his arms wrapping around my waist, stopping me.

"We should skinny dip," I say the first idea that comes to mind. Nico groans in what I am sure is frustration.