Swimming Sessions: Part 1

AN: Compulsory swimming chapter.

Time: A Few Days Later

"Alright, so, the fact that Hestia can't swim is still understandable, but seriously, Calypso?!" Percy looked at the blushing Titaness incredulously, her cheeks tinged golden as she glanced away from him, trying not to ogle his naked, exposed chest as she rubbed her arm abashedly. "You've literally been stuck on an island for the past four millennia, how can you not swim?"

"Well," Calypso stuttered, trying to defend herself as her amber eyes fluttered, trying to keep her eyes away from the delicious way the sweat trickled down his broad, muscle-packed chest, that just begged to be licked and to be used as a pillow. "I've never actually ventured far, and the sea is the only water body here. You don't really need to know how to swim to wade a bit into the sea to take a bath, now, do you?"

Percy still maintained his shocked look, making her grow annoyed at him.

"Yeah, yeah, I know you're going to say how much I missed, now, can we get to it?" She snapped impatiently, watching as Hestia's brown eyes glittered mirthfully as she peeked out at her from behind Percy's body, sticking out her tongue childishly at her.

Percy clapped his hands, moving towards the pool without missing a beat, as if she hadn't just scolded him. "Alright, so as I was saying, this is a prime opportunity for the two of you to learn swimming, seeing as we have the island to ourselves for today. Artemis and the Hunters are out hunting, and the others are out doing whatever shit they usually do. I have nothing to do with my domains, nothing to play, and have checked up on Blackjack and Mrs. O' Leary, they are doing fine and dandy. I-I mean, we, have nothing else to do today, soooo...."

He continued talking nonstop, rambling and wandering between topics, making the two goddesses smile as they followed him, occasionally sending glances towards each other, trying to keep their gazes from the practically naked body of the smoking hot Dark god, hidden only by a pair of swimming shorts and a bathing towel that did not help in the least, being thrown over his shoulder.

The emerald grass of their recently mowed lawn felt soft beneath their equally soft feet, the earth just the right texture, not too dry and not too moist as they crossed the lawn, heading to the marble-tiled swimming pool they had.

A soft, briny sea breeze buffeted them, bringing with it sand from the shore, but none of them cared, having grown used to it over the last three, almost four, beautiful years they had spent on their tropical island home. The long-leaved coconut palms that lined the shore and their swimming pool, rustled and swayed in the breeze, creating a beautiful chorus that seemed like something out of an idyllic, tropical paradise. There were a few seagulls soaring far overhead, their wings white against the startling azure sky, as beautifully blue as the frothing sea a stone's throw from their home, forming an omnipresent background noise of waves crashing on the sandy shore.

It seemed the entire world was energetic today, as the sun beat down with the typical intense, tropical heat, that just seemed to send life into a frenzy, and Hestia, Calypso and Percy were no exceptions.

Percy squinted as he stared up at the blinding sun, like a golden orb in the lonely stretch of clear blue sky, devoid of any clouds, almost feeling Asteria's bright, teasing smile against his tanned skin, already tinged a faint red. Fuck, he should have followed the girls' lead and applied some sunscreen. Fuck you, Asteria.

He lowered his gaze to the swimming pool, giving it a once over, taking in the sights of the glistening water, rippling slightly in the strong breeze and lapping against the sides of the pool, the glistening steel ladder descending into the pool, probably too hot to the touch. The tasteful tiles that lined the pool, hot to the feet, only making him crave the promising, cool embrace of the water even further, the playful patterns the sunlight formed on the marble bottom of the pool making it all the more inviting.