Water Works: Part 2

AN: Alright, just to spoil your mood before you read the lemon because I'm evil, there is a sea mouse, belonging to phylum Annelida, named Aphrodita aculeata. Go check it out, lmao.

Time: Same Time

"Damn, that was one of the best days in my immortal life." Aphrodite panted as she lay sprawled on the ground, staring blankly up at the ceiling.

Her soft hand sought out Percy's, holding his hand in a gentle display of affection most thought her incapable of.

He laughed softly at her words, too tired to acknowledge her loving touch. "Damn, I never took you to be a reptile lover. Your enthusiasm puts Artemis to shame."

"Many people don't take me for a lot of things, Percy." Aphrodite smiled genuinely. They don't, but he did.

And she loved him all the more for it.

The cool earth pressed against her back, more comfortable than the most luxurious baths or anything, as the two rolled about in the dirt, laughing at their own silliness. Nobody in the millennia had ever seen Aphrodite, the jealous goddess of love, always with the most luxurious of things, the best beds and the best baths, roll about in the dirt like a common peasant's child. She was always the ideal woman, the beautiful goddess, always prideful, the epitome of everything society expected her to be, a tired puppy on strings.

And now, she rolled about in the earth with her lover, the only person she had ever truly loved for the eternity she had been alive. The feeling of love was alien to the goddess of love, making her cheeks heat up, made her breathe quicker and her heart beat faster. She had never felt like it- she genuinely wanted to be the best she could be around Percy, not fearing anything and knowing that he would be with her regardless of how she acted. Still, she wanted to be the best she could be, for no other reason but for him. To see his smile, his eyes twinkling in pride and mischief.

It made her laugh ironically. The goddess of love was alien to love. Even the Fates had been looking only at her unparalleled beauty when they gave her her domains, her unparalleled beauty that was the bane of her existence. Even Percy, with his domains of nightmares and hatred, was obviously familiar with those emotions.

Her heart clenched.

Her sad, wistful smile turned happy as she reflected on her situation. All those things had been in her past, Percy was her present. Right then, she held the entire world in her hands. She was sure if she asked Percy for something unachievable, he would tease her before running himself ragged trying to fulfil her wish.

That went for every girl in his harem.

The love goddess risked a glance to her side, conscious of the warmth on her cheeks, the warmth of Percy's rough callouses on her soft hand.

Her warm cheeks heated at a rapid pace, making her blush golden, right down to her neck as she allowed her azure eyes to rove Percy's almost naked form with growing desire and lust.

He was as sweaty as her, panting heavily as his chest rose and fell with every breath. His long, raven hair, damp with sweat, stuck slightly to his face, forming a dark halo on the ground around his head, darker than night, sucking in all light. Resisting her urge to stroke his silky hair, she examined his face, like a sinful dark predator, complete with high cheekbones and a sharp nose that sent dangerous shadows dancing across his face, edges sharp enough to slice her bleeding heart. His signature stubble darkened his sharp, well-defined jaw and chin, adding to his dark, broody look. Occasional scars were visible beneath his stubble, on his jaw and cheeks, hinting at the reason for his stubble. Beneath perfect eyebrows, sharp eyes glimmered with mirth, like dark, sea green emeralds straight from the bottom of the sea, from where she herself emerged. His perfectly kissable lips parted, revealing his sharp teeth and hot tongue as he panted, inviting her to claim his lips as hers.