Roman Reigns: Part 1

AN: Disclaimer. I haven't ever seen WWE, nor do I want to. I just know there is a wrestler with this name, and I couldn't find a better alliteration for this chapter, so.... yeah. Deal with it. There won't be any WWE references whatsoever.

Time: Next Day

"Yeah, just give me a sec," Percy spoke, leaning down to massage his calf muscles for a bit, stretching and warming up for the exciting spar that awaited him.

Damn, how many times had he sparred with Reyna already? The Roman had sworn that she would not stop fighting with him until she had finally managed to subdue him.

The day was.... hot. Too hot, in fact, to go outside. Even the normally active Calypso, used to the heat, or Asteria, who was the fucking sun herself, refused to leave the comfort of their dark, air-conditioned bedrooms, that lined the innumerable posh corridors of the mansion.

The clear azure sky looked like a fresh pool of water in spring, all blue, with not a cloud in sight. No dark-bellied, rumbling clouds that heralded the rain, relief from the intolerable tropical heat. The sun was a deadly laser, its golden rays intense and punishing, driving out all signs of life from the environment. Too bright to look at without suffering permanent optical damage, one could only feel its endless heat stinging and burning one's red skin, roasting animals alive. The only animals that could be perceived were the occasional albatross, just a speck of white on the flat sea-green of the endless ocean that stretched as far as the eye could see in all directions. The blazing hot sands of the beach, hot enough to fry an egg inside its fucking shell, looked like molten gold, an endless expanse of gold lining the beach.

The wind had dropped, such impeccable timing, too, for the cool, normally perpetual seabreeze to abruptly disappear, making Percy curse and wonder if the wind deities were playing tricks on him. Not a leaf moved on the island's innumerable trees, the normally vibrant emerald foliage drooping from the heat, dull and discoloured thanks to the dust and sand coating them. The dancing palms stood still, listless in the stuffy September heat, their shade offering little protection from the sun. The pool felt like a stupid pan, the glistening water like hot, boiling oil, reflecting the sun in its slight ripples and waves. Out of the pan and into the fire, indeed, for the marble that lined the pool felt like burning stoves. The dining room where they could have had ice cream together, was deserted too, for someone, in all their brilliance, had forgotten to shut the blinds, letting the sun in through the glass door that spanned the entire wall.

Artemis was too tired to punch Asteria in the face for making them suffer, helped by the sun goddess' constant lamenting on how stupid she was, and how she should have toned down the heat several degrees. But what was done was done, and Asteria's rampaging, slaughtering chariot on autopilot could only be controlled when the goddess returned to set.

Mercury like beads of sweat dotted Percy's forehead, and he hadn't even begun the spar yet.

"Do we really need to do this?" Percy asked the ex-Roman Praetor, but his eyes were fixated on her sexy ass, his fingers itching to grope her firm butt through the thin black fabric of her yoga pants.

"Yes, Jackson. And stop complaining." Reyna snapped at the childish Dark god, her eyebrow twitching in annoyance as she felt his eyes never leave her behind.

Reyna knew she was hot. Mad hot, enough to make most males in Camp Jupiter try to hit on her, flirt with her, use futile pick-up lines, and try to be a gentleman to get into her pants. Despite the number of balls she had kicked, every day more would turn up at her door to try and court her.

Then came along this son of Neptune with amnesia. A man who thrashed each and every single legionnaire with both his hands tied behind his back, who crushed everyone equally ruthlessly and mercilessly. Even Reyna wasn't spared. The public humiliation he had handed to the Praetor in the arena, in front of the entire population of New Rome, could never be forgotten by the gorgeous girl.