Balls and Beauty: Part 2

AN: Expect one update per week, at the pace I am going.

Time: After Part 1

"I had a feeling I would find you here."

The voice cut through the all-pervading silence that reigned supreme in the room, till Percy could hear his own thoughts, breaking him out of his silent musings and making him look up at the intruder who had barged in on his alone time in the moonlit darkness of the dining room, revelling in the shadows that danced across the corners at night, for once embracing the feeling of the tortured masses captured in nightmarish terror that never left him, embracing the stars that dotted the dark night sky like pearls on dark velvet.

He cocked his head, a small smile playing on his lips as he watched Thalia saunter over to him lazily, her hips swaying enticingly for his benefit, his predatory, gleaming dark eyes following every seductive movement of her waist as she walked over to him, before plopping beside him just as she had done the previous day. "What are you doing this time?"

"Nothing," Percy muttered, looking away towards the cold marble floor of the dining room. The table was once again pushed towards a corner, and a thin roll of bedding was spread out in the middle of the room, a silent indication of his desire to cuddle again tonight.

The Dark god blushed slightly, remembering the feeling of Thalia's heavy tits in his hands the previous night, hoping that she didn't notice the embarrassed golden glow of his cheeks, hidden in the silver moonlight. Even if she did, she didn't comment on it, making Percy feel thankful.

His bare back was pressed against the cool glass of the door, moonlight flooding the dining room, just as it had the previous night. The entire house was silent and dark, most of its occupants asleep or otherwise occupied. "I was thinking about what Artemis said. She is right, it doesn't do anything to mop about and beat up myself over the sacrifices of others. It is spitting on their memory, and their sacrifice."

His voice was soft, his eyes slightly misty as he leaned his head back till it rested against the cool glass, watching the night sky and enjoying the silence that allowed him to hear his own heartbeats, the only other sound being their soft breaths.

Thalia stayed silent for a moment, lost in her own thoughts and quiet contemplations about what he had just said, thinking briefly about the sacrifices that had been made for her sake. The next moment, however, she shook her head to get rid of the grim brooding atmosphere that clogged her brain, smiling slightly at the childish expression of wonder that was visible on Percy's face as he stared at the stars, before snuggling up to him, burying into his side as she laid her head on his shoulder.

The sweet, floral smell of her shampoo wafted over to Percy's nose, her skin soft and cool against his bare body, making it extremely hard for him to fight down the blush rising up his neck. "I'm glad you understand, Percy. It hurt me to see you constantly blame yourself for what was not your fault."

She placed a delicate hand on his cheek, gently turning his head to face hers as she leaned up, placing a soft, chaste kiss on his lips that was gone too soon. Her electric blue eyes bored into his dark sea green, swirling with powerful emotions as she stared at his abashed expression, searching for words to describe how she felt every time she looked at him, trying to tell him about the blush that coloured her cheeks every time she thought about him.

"I love you, Percy." In the end, lost for words, she settled for the simplest expression of emotion in history, hoping that her voice conveyed all that she felt towards him.