Broken Bonds 💔

I was walking toward the hospital to check on Sasuke. I saw Sakura heading that way as well.

"Hey, Sakura! You going to see Sasuke?" I asked with a light smile.

"Yeah! I just returned from there; I was heading to get him some food; I thought he might be hungry. He hasn't spoken much." She walked slowly and steadily, and I walked right beside her.

"You think he is a bit mad? Or his ego took a plunge on that last mission?" I sighed and looked down at the ground.

"No! Sasuke would never be mad at something like that. He is strong, and he showed that at the bridge!" She kept her eyes straight ahead as she said that, but you could tell there was a touch of doubt in her expression. We decided to grab a few apple from a nearby stand to bring to Sasuke. "Do these look good to eat?"

"I mean, they look tasty enough for me. Imma grab some for myself." II grabbed a fresh piece of fruit for myself, and as we resumed our journey toward the hospital, we unexpectedly ran into Naruto. A peculiar sensation stirred in my stomach, but I brushed it aside. Soon, we reached the hospital's third floor and knocked on Sasuke's door. Sakura claimed the seat nearest to him, while Naruto and I stood close by. I took a bite of my apple, savoring the crisp sweetness, all the while noticing a new and unfamiliar expression on Sasuke's face. Is that jealousy? Anger? Revenge? Continuing to munch on my apple, I observed Sakura peeling one for Sasuke, her actions filled with care and concern.

"You like apples, right? Hikari and I bought some on the way. We thought they looked good." She set the bag down. "Where did I put my knife?"

I handed her my kunai and told her to use it. "Sakura, it's right in front of your face. You are just getting nervous because you're in front of Sasuke." Naruto teased. 

I couldn't help but watch him closely, though his expressions began to shift towards irritation as the conversation continued. Wanting to lighten the mood, I attempted to join the conversation with a little laughter, but it was tough to keep my composure as I saw him gritting his teeth and clenching his fists.

The situation took an unexpected turn when Sakura struck Naruto, causing him to collapse unconscious on the floor. She knelt beside him, giggling alongside him.

"Naruto, you need to be more careful with what you say." I let out a chuckle, trying to ease the tension in the room. The atmosphere grew quieter, and the only sound that filled the space was the gentle slicing of the knife as Sakura continued to cut the apple for Sasuke.

"Now I just need to cut it up annnd--" Sakura extended the piece of apple toward Sasuke, but to everyone's surprise, he responded with a menacing glare, slapping the fruit out of her hand.

"S-Sasuke-Kun." Sakura visibly flinched at Sasuke's unexpected reaction, and just as things were getting tense, Naruto finally came to his senses, his eyes darting between all of us, confusion evident on his face.

My face contorted at him rudely slapping Sakura, "What the hell was the for Sasuke?!" I yelled at him.  He sent a daggering glare in my direction and I met his making sure to keep my eyes intently on him for his next move.

"Huh? What is going on?" He glanced over at Naruto, and although he was glaring at all of his, his eyes had a murderous intent when he looked at Naruto.

This can't be good. I stood my ground, my gaze fixed on Sasuke, who was acting erratically and leaving me utterly shocked. Why is he acting like this?

"W-what? Stop glaring at me like that!" Naruto yelled. He kept his eyes directly on him.

Sakura looked tense, and she was in-between the two at the moment. I walked forward and grabbed her arm and pulled her slowly away. "Come here Sakura..." Her breath hitched, and she did as I asked.