Zabuza and the Mist 🌫

Exhaustion washed over me as we finally reached the boat. We were doing our best to stay hidden, and I was keeping my chakra well concealed. I tugged on Kakashi's sleeve, and he glanced down at me. "I'm in pain. It feels like an elephant's doing a tap dance on my head," I grumbled. He smiled in understanding.

Once we boarded the boat, I settled down next to Naruto and rested my head on his lap. I was out like a light almost instantly, and it was pure bliss. Despite the much-needed rest, my mind was still racing with countless questions. It felt like I hadn't slept in a lifetime, even though it had only been about 30 minutes.

As we disembarked from the boat, Naruto wasted no time, immediately hurling kunai and shuriken in random directions. I was only half-awake, so each toss startled me, jolting me back into consciousness.

I have a few tricks up my sleeve for water, and we are surrounded by water. I should be okay if someone was to attack. Hopefully, it's not anyone too powerful. I was immediately pulled out of my thoughts when I heard something in the bushes nearby, and Naruto threw something.

"Naruto!" I shouted in surprise, my heart racing as each unexpected throw from Naruto startled me.

"What's wrong, Hikari?"I approached the bush and gently cradled a white bunny in my arms. Tears welled up in my eyes as I looked over at Naruto.

"A white bunny?" Naruto took it from me and started to apologize multiple times over and over again.

"Everybody duck!!"

"Duck? That's a bun—" I said, confused and cut off by someone pulling me to the ground just in time that a sword came out. I looked up at the blade and then at the person who saved me. It happened to be the Uchiha. "Thank you, Sasuke," I said with a sigh of relief, but that quickly changed to anger. "But... LET ME GO!!" I pushed. Sakura was giving me daggers.

"You fell on him first!! You should be saying sorry!" She yelled, but I brushed it off as the rest of us turned our attention upward, spotting a guy perched in a tree. He was covered in cow-like material, and I couldn't figure out why.

"Hey you! What was that for?" I grumbled, still a bit cranky from being roused from sleep. Kakashi completely ignored my remark, which only added to my annoyance.

"If it isn't Zabuza. The rogue ninja from the Village Hidden in the Mist." At that moment, Naruto was foolish enough to try and strike. Kakashi didn't let him. "You're in the way. He isn't like the other ninjas. If he is our opponent, I may have to use this." He put his hand to his headband, getting ready to remove it.

"Kakashi of the Sharingan eye. And what do ya know? You also brought along your subordinate. The Blinding Star." I tilted and looked up at the guy, not understanding what he meant.

"Kakashi-sensei? What is he talking about?" All of us, including me, directed our attention upward, eager to hear the explanation. However, Zabuza beat him to the punch.

"You don't know? Are you that naive? She can master the art of energy all around her. Starting with the Stars. Her mother was a legend, mastering it enough to take down vital organs before killing the person without hesitation. Her clan was murdered. Her father was an Uchiha. However, unlike most Uchiha, she does not possess the Sharingan. Little is known about her in the bingo book. She is known to have her very own Kekkei Genkei. Someone murdered her whole clan when she was a child. Her father ended up sacrificing himself to save her and her mother. But that didn't happen. But enough of that hand over the old man."

My heart began to race at increasing rates. I couldn't deal with the pain in my chest. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. The memories of my past started to flood back in. A part of my life that I didn't want to remember. I need to calm down before I black out again. I locked eyes with Kakashi, and in his gaze, I saw a profound sadness. I couldn't hold his gaze and turned my head away. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Sasuke looking at me, a mixture of bewilderment and realization in his eyes. He was beginning to understand that I was also a part of the Uchiha clan, and he wasn't the last alive. It was a painful moment, and I felt tears welling up, the image of red eyes, was that his brother who was responsible for my family's death?