Chunin Exams

I had woken up tired from the day prior. It was still very early, but that didn't stop me from seeing the Hokage today. Once dressed, I started the walk to the Hokage's office. It was only 6 o clock in the morning, and I️ had to meet with the team at 9. I️ shrugged my shoulders. I️ got time. Plus, the old man needs to answer some of my questions. I think it's finally time. I️ finally made it to the door within 30 minutes.

"Come in, Hikari." I️ opened the door slowly and saw Lord Hokage sitting at his desk like usual. He was hard at work looking at papers. In fact, his whole desk was mostly papers and orders and requests. "Come in. I️'ll set all of this aside." He started by pulling out a scroll, and then all the papers were gone in the scroll for later use.

I️ chuckled a bit, "Is that what you do to make it look clean here?" He looked at the scroll and then back at me.

"You know as well as I️ do that my office needs to be presentable. But, you also know just as well as I️ know, that wasn't your question...was it?" I️ shook my head, and he motioned me to start talking.

"I️ want to know more about my family. Why is my kekkei genkei acting funny? I️ want to know who killed my clan... I️ want to know more about my mother. I know a little more about the Uchiha Clan."

There was a silence, and his hands were placed together, trying to comprehend why I️ had so many questions. He then let out a long sigh before beginning.

"Let's take a walk. The sunrise looks perfect, and I️ think it will help calm the nerves." He started to get up, and I️ nodded in agreement. "Let's start off with your mother. She was a powerful young lady who loved you very much. Konoha never had problems with the Village Hidden in the Stars. In fact, your village and your clan were small compared to many other surrounding villages. Your mother possessed the Suien no Me. It has the ability to harvest the power of the stars, fire and lightning being the main uses, but your clan has the ability to use all natures. We never understood how or why as many ninja usually only possess one. She met your father here in Konoha during a mission. They went on to have you. The village at the time was in danger by the Uchiha Clan, your father's clan. He concluded that he did not want you to grow up around hatred and instead move to your mother's village which was known for their kind nature. Five years later, after you were born, there was word that one Uchiha had left the village. No one knew of this except for me, and word had gotten out that he lived with your mother and bared a child with the rare Kekkei Genkei your mother possessed. You are a valuable asset to many. You were thought to be the last of the Hoshiko Clan. You were going to be used as a weapon to our enemies of Konoha. Both the Hoshiko Clan and the Uchiha Clan possess incredible visual prowess. This made the people in our village weary of a day when the police force would strike. To this day, we still try to keep your presence safe and secret. Your parents were killed by an unknown man who presented himself the day Naruto was born. This was a separate incident from Sasuke's as Sasuke's older brother, Itachi, massacred the Uchiha Clan leaving only Sasuke. 

When our ANBU team brought you here, you had little memory of who it may have been. You only mentioned red eyes. The day I sent a team to you, you were nearly undetectable, we have your mother to thank. She may have placed a shield around you to conceal your chakra. We placed you in the care of Kakashi to keep you hidden even more. Understandably, more and more people started to hear about the girl with a special ability, so we stopped training you for a while. If you must know, the kekkei genkei you possess is fragile. I, along with the other Jonin, understand the true power of it. There is a woman who trained your mother. She is now blind. She used to possess the power of Suien no Me but lost it in battle during the Great War. She may be able to help you and teach you the ways of your clan." He paused and looked up at the sunrise. I️ hadn't realized we walked to the edge of the village. The daylight has millions of colors I️ had never thought I️ would see before. I hope this gave you insight into what you wanted to understand."