Hikari ✨

Name: Hikari Hoshiko | Age: 11 | Eye Color: Blue | Hair Color: Black but turns white 

Let me start from the beginning. My name is Hikari Hoshiko. I am now 11 years old. My whole clan died a tragic death, and I know I came from a powerful clan but know very little about them. For that reason, they were targeted, and only the adults in the village knew why I was the main target for their capture. At age 5, I activated my Kekkei Genkkei the Seiun no Me or Eyes of the Nebula but I️ know little about how to use it. My clan harvested the power of stars, and I perform well with water and fire. I forgot how my mother and father looked and what they were like. I don't know much about my Kekkei Genkkei, and Lord Hokage refuses to tell me more about my family until "I reach a certain age." I like lots of things, I don't hate much, and I try to live my life day by day, thankful that I am still alive. I never went to the academy, as the Hokage saw it fit that I stay out of sight from others just in case I would be in danger. Instead, Kakashi, the man in the mask, was ordered to take me in. He would train me on most days and taught me quite a lot. I was performing at a Genin level, and I was considered to be placed as a Chunin, but I was forced to live a "normal life." I am one year younger than everyone in the academy, and I am being placed on a team after many years of hiding away.

Begin

I walked to the academy after I was told to report later in the day to avoid too many questions. Right before reporting, I stopped to get Dango. As I looked around, I saw many people I knew well. I stopped by the flower shop to see the newest edition of Orchids.

"How pretty! Yamanaka-san? May I please purchase one for my first and last day at the academy?" He laughed and placed the iris in my hair.

"No purchase necessary. These flowers bring hope, faith, and wisdom. They are admired by many." I looked at the bright blue flowers taking in their beauty.

"Your hair has grown quite a lot since you were little. I was almost sure Kakashi would have made you cut it by now." I raked my hair to the front of my body smiling.

"He wants me to make the decision for myself. I was thinking about it for a while." I looked at the clock, "Oh! I'M LATE!!" I panicked and left, thanking him for the flower. I finally arrived at the foot of the door. I let out a sigh wondering what these people would think of me. I shook the thought out of my head before knocking once.

"Come in." I walked through the door only to see a man with brown hair standing at the front of the class. "Why hello! Class, I would like you to meet our newest student. I know she is coming in late, but please treat her nicely." He looked my way and motioned me forward. "Please introduce yourself."

I kept my head down, my bangs shielding my face as I tried to avoid the stares that were coming from every direction. The room was alive with whispers, and it was getting on my nerves. I clenched my fists, gathering the courage to finally look up. Raising my head, I locked eyes with around two dozen people, and the room erupted into a chorus of hushed conversations.

"H-hello, my name is Hikari Hoshiko. You can ask three questions, and I will be on my way." Almost everyone in the room had a question as hands raised simultaneously. I pointed at a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes.

If I am correct that is Yamanaka-sans daughter. 

"Why did you get here so late in the year? We are graduating in like, two days." I pondered my response, tapping my cheek lightly in an attempt to appear thoughtful but not overly conspicuous. 

"I came because I was ordered to...Next question?" I pointed at a girl with pink hair and green eyes.

"Have you already ranked to Genin?" She had her hands clamped together but was obviously glancing stares to me and a boy with black hair who was now glaring at me, so I glared right back. I knew him but he changed quite a lot.

"No... Not yet, that's part of the reason why I am here." There were a couple of guys murmuring about how pretty I whether I was into anyone in the classroom. This irked me a bit, "Iruka Sensei? I know I said three questions, but I've decided that two is enough." He nervously sweat-dropped, a bead of perspiration forming on his temple, and then he raised one arm behind his head awkwardly rubbing the area. 

"That is quite alright. You can go home for the day and return when directed." I bowed to him and the class before walking out of the room, my long black hair swaying from side to side. I decided I wanted to go to my favorite place afterward. It was a point above the village where I could see everything. The sun started to set when my thoughts wandered to the boy who glared at me.

Stupid Uchiha... Just cause his whole clan was taken out doesn't mean he has to be so rude. I mean look at me, I'm not like that. I couldn't help but roll my eyes, exhaling a sigh of frustration before turning and heading back home for the night. My mind buzzed with thoughts about the new teammates and potential friends I'd soon meet. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thrilled; deep down, a part of me was anticipating the adventure this new chapter of life would bring.