Land of Tea Part Two 🍵

Idate practically bolted towards a cliff, seemingly desperate to escape our presence. With swift reflexes, we grabbed him before he could tumble over the edge. Once we'd ensured his safety, we discovered that we had walked right into two cleverly placed genjutsu traps. Frustrated, we confronted Idate about his hasty getaway, and he began to spill the beans about a plan that had been in motion.

"Well, what are we waiting for?! Let's GO!" Naruto was set on winning this race after Idate explained everything to us. As we continued running the air around us got a little cooler.

"Hey, Idate? The ocean seems to be nearby." I stated.

"Yea, I know. I see the port. We can get there in an hour." We all nodded in agreement.

Once we arrived, Idate was excited to tell us that we had made it just in time. He knocked on a door, and this old man came out. "Gramps. It's me, Idate Morino! Please help us with the boat."

"Yes, I have been waiting for you all day. You need to get going and win this race. That boat right there, that is the one you will take. There isn't a faster boat around."

"Sure thing Gramps and thanks again for the boat!"

"No problem, but don't lose. I️ can't stand that family owning the island." He shook his head in disagreement.

"I️ won't fail you, I️ promise."

"Okay, whatever. Not without our help!!" Naruto yelled out.

As we began our journey back, I shifted my focus to the expansive ocean, allowing the soothing sound of the waves to captivate my attention. However, my tranquility was disrupted when I overheard Sakura and Naruto embroiled in a heated exchange. Turning my gaze back towards them, I observed that they were both engaged in a lively discussion about the Chunin Exams. Deciding to leave them to it, I returned my attention to the sea, intending to meditate. Just as I was sinking into a peaceful state, I was jolted out of it when Idate suddenly yelled out, "Did you really make it to the final round of the Chunin exams?!"

"Yea, that's right. I️ could've become a Chunin, too, if we weren't interrupted!!"

"Yea? Is that so? Well, whoever your proctor was, he must've been a pushover!! " Idate teased. I️ put two and two together, and it seemed everyone else did.

"Ibiki Morino was the proctor!!" I️ chuckled as they all looked at me.

"How did you know when you weren't there? I️ stuck my tongue out.

"I️ know more than you think!!"

"Did you say my brother is alive?!?" He screamed at us.

"What? I never said anything about him being your brother." I said matter-of-factly. Naruto took the conversation. I mean, I wasn't there, I can't give a good story.

"Yeah. Of course. Why wouldn't he be!? He threw a curve ball at the 10th question!?"

"Seriously? He really is alive???" Idate appeared to be struggling to comprehend our confusion, and I squinted at him, attempting to decipher his motives. However, before I could make sense of the situation, a senbon darted from out of nowhere, catching me off guard.

"Take cover, guys. It's an ambush!!" Sasuke yelled to us.

Arrows began raining down from all directions, and we swiftly dodged and retaliated, striking down the moving targets with precision. Naruto and Sasuke took up defensive positions, while Sakura and I remained on high alert for any signs of Idate's involvement. I positioned myself in front of him, ready to shield him if necessary.

"Hurry up!!" Sakura yelled. I looked at the clones made around the boat.

"One isn't a shadow clone."

"Naruto behind you!" Naruto got hit, but it was a clone. He came down with a bunch more. The real one got away.