My Team ☀️

The two days went by fast, and then I received a summons to report to the Hokage's office. When I got there, they handed me my Hidden Leaf headband, and I decided to wrap it around my thigh since I usually wear skirts. After that, they instructed me to go to room 1-A at the academy and wait for our sensei.

You will meet your teammates there and your sensei as well. I know you will do just fine. The time is slowly coming when I can tell you more about your family and their abilities.

I strolled my way toward the academy, the cool morning air brushing against my face. Every step I took, eyes followed me. Whispers danced around in the air, their words embedding themselves deep within my ears.

"Poor girl. She must be all alone."

 Maybe today I should actually say something to them so they can stop. I thought to myself but decided that patience was key. My heart pounded louder drowning the voices out. I glanced up at the two women and my piercing blue eyes met theirs as they diverted their attention somewhere else. I continued my walk and finally made it to the entrance. I knew I was running late but walked in like nothing had happened.

Meeting my Team

The door creaked open and just as I stepped in, an eraser plummeted, smacking against my head and releasing a cloud of chalk dust. My laughter filled the air, a mixture of surprise and amusement as I waved the cloud of dust in the air, "Well, isn't this a warm welcome!" I chuckled, brushing the white powder from my hair. "Now, which one of you is the prankster?" I locked eyes with a blonde-haired boy, his eyes sparkling with an unspoken mischief. The pink-haired girl from my first day was trying to stifle her laughter, her cheeks blushing a soft rose. Then there was the Uchiha. His eyes, dark and intense, bore into mine with an animosity I just couldn't grasp as to why. I met his glare, unwavering, a silent stand-off amidst the laughter. We were fire and ice, and I wondered who would melt first.

"I DID! I DIDN'T MEAN TO HAVE THAT HAPPEN! IT WAS FOR THE NEW SENSEI!" He came running up to me and placed his arms behind his head smiling wide. "I am Naruto Uzumaki! I am going to be the next Hoka-.." He paused, "You're really pretty, ya know!" He leans a little more eyes squinted at me, "Wait a sec... Have I met you before?"

I giggled, "You have! When we were very little. What were you going to say? You are going to be the next?" I motioned him to continue.

"OH RIGHT! I AM GOING TO BE THE NEXT HOKAGE! BELIEVE IT!" He gave me a thumbs up.

"I like your ambition and energy! My name is Hikari Hoshiko, just in case you needed a reminder. I wanna be just like the legendary sannin." I smiled and walked toward one of the seats waiting for our sensei. I looked to my left seeing the pink-haired girl blushing at the raven-haired boys' way.

Naruto was in front of me whispering from the side, "Oh, that's Sakura and Sasuke! Sakura's always all over Sasuke, it's like she's glued to him or something" He made a funny face glowering at the boy." He said, his tone a mix of amusement and and hint of annoyance.

"Is he always like that? Straight-faced and angry?" Naruto's head bobbed, his spiky golden locks bouncing with the motion letting out a sigh at the same time.

Sakura began pacing back and forth, and Naruto was also getting impatient. I watched with tired eyes as I saw Naruto put the eraser back on the door again. "Naruto, I don't think that will work on a Jounin." >.<'

"Oh, come on! He will totally fall for it!" I reflected a bit about who it could possibly be.

The only person I know who is this late is...  I perked up slightly giggling.

Sakura was in full lecture mode, giving Naruto an earful. The door handle jiggled suddenly, cutting her rant short. We all turned just in time to see it swing open.

The eraser he had set up as a prank teetered for a second, and then - bam! It plopped right down onto the silver hair of none other than Kakashi Hatake, my adopted dad. The chalk dust floated around him like a mini snowstorm.

"Yikes," I muttered under my breath with a little bit of sarcasm entangled in my voice. Did he really fall for that? 

"My first impression: I hate you all." My eyes lowered as I sulked a bit. He looked at me before telling us to report to him at the top of the building and like that, he was gone. 

I climbed the stairs with my squad, pretending like I had no clue who my dad was. But as soon as we reached the top, there he was, looking as indifferent as ever. 

"Come take a seat." We all sat down. I crossed my legs, looking straight forward. I was next to the Uchiha, and I hated it with each passing second. "Now, we will introduce ourselves."

"How do we do that?" Sakura asked. I gave her a sideways glance because the demand was very straight to the point. I couldn't help but blurt out, "I'm sorry, was that a serious question or-- ?" She was flustered in the moment, and I can see she was heated with embarrassment but set aside the anger.

"It was just a question!" She said, looking at me first then back at Kakashi.

"Well, tell me your name, things you like, dislike, hobbies and goals."

"How about you go first, so we know." I now looked at Naruto, who sat at the other end. I laid my head on the concrete and listened.

"My name is Kakashi Hatake. Things I like and things I hate, I don't feel like telling you that. My dreams for the future --- never really thought about it. As for my hobbies, I have lots of hobbies." I let out a pfft, and everyone looked at me.

"I'm sorry, that was very... umm... vague." Waving my hands in a circle as I said it.

"That was totally useless. All he really told us was his name." I chuckled at his reasoning for it. He told everyone to start. Naruto talked about ramen and how he wanted to become Hokage one day. I don't know him too much, but I remember the times we used to hang out. Something tells me he will be a great leader one day despite how others view him. Sakura kept talking about the dark anti-gravity haired boy. Last was Sasuke, and he brought the mood down and gave just as little information as Kakashi. Then, it was my turn.

"My name is Hikari Hoshiko. I like to look at the stars and moon. I hate rude and arrogant people. My hobbies? I have many of them, and I don't really have a goal. I️ guess I just want to be as strong as the legendary sannin one day." 

After I finished speaking, we got the lowdown on tomorrow's mission. Kakashi freaked Naruto and Sakura out, warning them about the challenges Genin face. He told us to hit the training grounds at the crack of dawn and said no food allowed. I knew that was just a trick to wear us out quicker. Been there, done that with the bell test. I get the whole game. But will they catch on?