The rain had finally stopped and the sky stayed a gray color. Along the house was a pile of rocks that created a small cave. The cave was dry which made it the perfect place to make something to throw a pie in Jake's face.

Finn had drug Y/n out of the house to build his machine since she was the 'nerd' of the group. Finn had found a microwave for the base of the machine. While Y/n worked on the wiring, Finn worked on putting the outer pieces on the machine. He sang a small tune while using different tools to attach an arm to the side.

"Alright, give it a go," Y/n said while wiping her hands onto the ends of her cloak. The bottom of the cloak had tears, burn marks, and now grease engraved in the fabric.

"It's never-ending pie-throwing time!" Finn pressed the micro-chip button that was on the front of the microwave. When nothing happened he glared at the machine. "C'mon, dude! Turn on!" he yelled. When it didn't respond, Finn picked up the machine and held it out. "Why isn't it working?!" with a final part of his anger, he tossed the machine out into the open. " I'll never make a prank better than Jake's garbage bag full of butter." Finn pouted while plopping down on the ground.

Y/n went to comfort him but stopped when the machine was struck by lightning.

"Ouch!" a new voice cried out.

Finn jumped and landed on his back. "Holy stuff! It talked! Wow-cow-chow!" he cheered. Y/n slowly made her way to the robot and set it up.

"There you go," she said to the little being. The machine moved its one arm around, testing things out.

The robot smiled up at her. "Greetings creators!" he started off. Finn finally bounced up and walked over to the machine.

"Oh, whoa! Hey, man!" Finn happily greeted it. The face was on the side of the microwave instead of the can that Finn had drawn a face onto.

"My name is Neptr, which stands for 'Never-Ending Pie-Throwing Robot.'" the robot chimed in. Finn's smile only widened.

"Oh, perfect! You're exactly the kind of robot we were trying to make!" Neptr tried to move around, but he found that it was hard to do so.

Neptr's smile slowly started to go down while he spoke of his problems. "Creators, I am eager to commence the creation and propulsion of pies forever, but my pie-hucking appendage is... malfunctioning, and my oven lamp is cold, and my tank treads do not roll! They only do skids! Why, creators?!" While Neptr went on his rant, he skid around in a circle to show his troubles. Finn let out a gasp at the apparent trouble that Neptr was going through. Y/n covered her mouth with the palm of her hand. It was getting hard to watch the poor thing.

"Does it please the both of you to watch me struggle?!" Neptr ended his tangent, seemingly sad from the whole ordeal.

"Neptr! Don't say stuff like that!" Finn exclaimed, holding Neptr's 'face'. "Look, I know we just met, and you're probably goin' through a lot of personal stuff right now, but I really like you, Neptr, and I'm not gonna rest until you're working properly and throwing hot pie on my best friend's face. "

Finn held Neptr closer to himself and gave him a hug. "Together, we're gonna prank the poots out of Jake!" the clouds departed and revealed the sun. The rays bounced off of Neptr's metal form.