~37~

I stare as Laura opens the trunk of their car and hands two bags to the man standing next to her.

The two walk closer to us smiling.

"Hey" the guy smiles

"Hey guys" Kaitlyn smiles

"Sorry were late someone got lost...again" Laura rolls her eyes

"Its not my fault it's tricky driving in the woods when everything looks the same!"

"Its no problem guys" Kaitlyn says again

"Here let me show you the cabin dylan mind showing max the guys cabin"

"Oh sure"

I look infront of me to see a guy smiling with redish brown hair I smile and start walking waving for him to follow.

"So your dylan" the guy says behind me

"Yup and your max?"

"Yup the one and only"

"Actually..."

"Shush" he cuts me off I laughs bit opening the door to the cabin.

"This is the cabin where the guys sleep"

"Nice what bed is mine"

"Well the top bunk for those two are available so it's your pick"

"Fun!" He smiles bringing his bag over to ryans bed and pushing it to the wall.

"Alright let's get going" I say opening the door again max hurrys and follows beside me.

"So is Laura..?"

"She's my girlfriend" he says

"Oh nice"

We walk a bit more and meet up with the group again I look around for ryan but don't see him.

I turn my head some more and see ryan and Laura talking a little way from the others. I watch as the two talk with big smiles on there face and ryan even laughed..

Maybe the two are closer then I thought.

"Hey you two were heading to lunch hurry up!" Kaitlyn shouts

Ryan and Laura join the group again still in a deep conversation I walk behind them crossing my arms watching as the two talk back and forth I jump a bit when a hand is placed in my shoulder.

"Hey man" I turn my head and see nick

"Oh hey" I smile

"You doing okay you have been quite today"

"Ya im good just a bit tired"

"Well if you want you can sleep in a bit tomorrow it's just swimming day so it's okay"

"Ya thanks" I smile

"Ofcourse" he smiles again before joining abi I sigh looking around still listening to the two talk infront of me.

"So how has school been?"

"Well I'm doing online school at the house so I can watch my sister"

"Oh alright"

"How's school going for you?"

"Good I went for law "

"Impressive"

"Thank you"

"So how long have you and max been together?"

"Five years"

"Wow thats long"

"Ya "

"Sooo you still all lonely or did a girl finally find her way into your heart"

"Well kind of"

"Kind of?"

"Its a guy"

"Oh!"

The two stop talking once we get to the cabin I hold the door open and everyone walks inside I sit down across from max.

"Are you always this silent?" He ask

"Huh?"

"Its just you havnt talked much?"

"Oh sorry I'm just.. a bit sleepy that's all"

"Alright"

"Hey" Laura smiles sitting down next to max

"Hi" max smiles

I look next to me as ryan sits down he looks at me and smiles before looking back at Laura I bite the inside on my cheek as I stare down at the table.

Soon it was getting dark so everyone finished up we walk outside to see it had started raining so that means the fire was canceled.

We hurry and bring the kids to their cabins before heading to our own I get changed and lay down on my side looking out the window watching the rain hit the window.

Jacob was sat above me talking to max who was right across from him nick was peacefully reading and ryan had his ear buds in listen to music.

I close my eyes and try to sleep finally falling asleep after tossing and turning for an hour.

The next morning when I wake up everyone is gone I sit up and rub my eyes hearing the faint noise of kids laughing I get up and put on my swim trunks and remove my shirt heading down the water.

When I get there I see kaitlyn chatting with Laura.
Ryan sat on the sand watching the kids max laid down on his back next to him.
Jacob and nick in the water and abi watching the kids as emma taned next to her.

"Hey dylan over here!" I see Max waving me over u walk over and sit next to him.

"Morning sleepy head" ryan smiles I give him a small smile back.

"So did you sleep good?"

"Ya"

"So does that mean you'll be more talkative today?"

"Only if I want to talk to you"

"Ouch" he holds his chest I laugh a bit before looking at the kids playing in the water.

"Hey ryan" I whip my head around seeing Laura sit between max and ryan I roll my eyes and look back at the water.

As the day goes on I watch as ryan and Laura go everywhere together talking none stop all day and them when she isn't there he has his headphones in...

I knew she was Max's girlfriend but ryan barely spoke to me anymore and it hurt..

The next day I sit next to Kaitlyn at the Breakfast table not wanting to hear ryan and Laura talk again.

"Hey you okay?" Kaitlyn whispers

"Kind of"

"Want to talk about it?"

"No it's okay don't worry"

"Alright if you say so.."

I look down at the end of the table and ofcourse the two were talking again I spot max but he was just smiling was I wrong for caring this much about this..

Was I just overthinking this?
Was I Overreacting..

Was I being a bad boyfriend..?