♡Chapter 42: Blast From The Past♡

"Hello?" Lorelai asks, as she walks in the door. She doesn't get an answer as she hears yelling from the kitchen.

Lorelai walks towards the sound, hearing it go back and forth. "That doesn't make it okay!" Lorelai hears Parker yell.

"Woah woah woah, what's going on here?" Lorelai asks, concerned. Parker looks at her with anger, and Rory looks up with tear stained cheeks. "Are you okay?" She immediately asks Rory, looking concerned. "What happened?" She says, looking to Parker, angrily.

"Why don't you ask her?" Parker says, getting up to dump her coffee in the sink. Rory looks at her mother desperately, and Lorelai falls for the act.

Lorelai walks over to Rory, who tucks her into a warm hug, concerned. "What happened?" She asks her, wiping the tears off of her cheeks. "What's going on?"

"I had an amazing night, and now Parker ruined it, yelling at me." Rory whines, incriminating Parker.

Parker turns on her heel, causing Lucas to hold onto her shoulders, keeping her grounded. "She slept with Dean!" Parker yells. "A married man!"

Lorelai looks angrily at Parker. "I'm sure she knows it was a mistake, and you don't need to make her feel guilty!" She says, and Parker scoffs loudly.

"He has a WIFE Rory!" Parker says, ignoring Lorelai's attempts at silencing her.

Rory cries more, stepping away from her mother. "He doesn't love her!" She yells back, and Lorelai nods at her as though she understands.

Parker rolls her eyes in exasperation. "Did he tell you he was going to leave her?" She asks, and Rory looks down, answering her question with no words. Parker groaned in annoyance. "He manipulated you Rory! He used you!" She says.

"He would never do that!" Rory says, but they could tell that her mind was spinning with this realization, and she falls to her knees sobbing. Lorelai looks back at Parker angrily, who has an angry look on her face.

Lucas, still holding Parker from doing anything rash, puts an arm around her shoulders, pulling her over towards the stairs. "Come on, it's not worth it." He says, and she nodded, letting him pull her upstairs.

Once they were upstairs, she sits down, tired, laying down, collapsing. "I can't sleep in her room tonight." She says, annoyedly. "I guess I could ask Luke to stay with him, but I don't know if Jess left yet" she runs through her options in her head, and Lucas lays next to her.

"Why don't you stay here with me tonight, and tomorrow, after you meet Luke's girlfriend, we can leave without saying anything." Lucas offers, and she smiles.

"Yeah.." is all he hears, and glancing over, sees that she's asleep. He sits up, tucking a blanket over her, and lies down on the opposite side of the bed facing away from her, falling asleep soon after.

______________

"I'll wait at the gazebo while you spend time with Luke." Lucas says. "Maybe I'll call and gossip with Elijah, I wonder how his Christmas in Boston is going." He cracks a smile, causing Parker to laugh.

"Yeah yeah ok, whatever." Parker says, laughing. "I'll come grab you later." He nods, walking off in the direction of the town square. Parker walks into the diner, looking around for Luke and his girlfriend, who she was told was named Nicole.

She doesn't see Luke, but she does see a woman sitting at the counter. "Are you Nicole?" She asks, placing her bag on the stool next to the one she sat on.

The woman turns to her, surprised. "Oh! Yes, are you Parker?" She asks, and Parker smiles, nodding. "It's lovely to finally meet you, sometimes all Luke talks about is how proud he is of you." She says, shaking her hand.

"Well he speaks very highly of you as well!" Parker says. They continue to chat back and forth for another few minutes, before she hears a clatter from the stairs, and a bristling Jess walks down, Luke following after him.

"Jess, come on, she's happy!" Luke tries to reason with him. "Just give it a chance, I know he seems a bit..."

Jess cuts Luke off, not caring to hear whatever excuse he was going to make. "Believe me Luke, I have met enough of my mother's boyfriends to know." Jess says. "It's all I grew up with, was her bringing these guys home!" He yells, and Luke's face falls.

Jess turns to storm out the door, but not before catching Parker's eye and freezing in his place. But in a few moments he regains his composure and storms out the front door. "Jess! Come on-" Luke says, before giving up, noticing Nicole and Parker looking at him. "Oh you two met!" He says.

"Yes and I like her very much." Parker says. "I approve, but I have to go, I'm sorry!" Parker excuses herself before bolting her way out the door, after Jess. "Jess!" She yells, and the boy spins around.

"Hey." He says.

Parker laughs in disbelief. "Hey?! Hey?!" She yells. "That's all you have to say?" She asks him. Jess looks down at his feet as she yells. "Not 'sorry for disappearing', 'sorry for calling and not saying anything', or even 'how have you been'?" Parker asks him.

When she mentions the phone calls, he looks up. "You knew it was me?" He asks, feeling bad for calling at all.

"Of course I did!" She says. "I know you, I know your favorite food, your favorite song, book, your pet peeves! And I know you miss me too." Jess looks at her, seeing the hurt expression on her face. "I was so worried about you!" She says.

She was switching between anger and hurt and betrayal so quickly that Jess could barely keep up. But neither of them noticed Lucas, watching the two animatedly speak from a bench across the way.

 But neither of them noticed Lucas, watching the two animatedly speak from a bench across the way

Jess couldn't bring himself to talk anymore, resorting to sitting down on the bench next to them. After a moment, Parker sits beside him too, not doing anything for a while. "I'm sorry." Jess finally said after another few minutes. Parker looked over at him in confusion and he continued. "I know I messed up. I know I should never have asked you to leave your dream."

She puts a hand on his cheek, lifting his face so his eyes meet hers. "If it was any other circumstances, I would have left without a second thought." She says. "So where are you staying now?" She asks him.

"Well a friend of mine from New York is going to let me stay with him for a while, but I don't think I'll stay there for long." He explains, and she nods.

After more silence, she puts her head on his shoulder, and sighs. "Just... Tell me if you're ever in trouble, okay?" She asks him. "Or just call me when you need to, even if we hadn't dated, you were still my best friend."

If she had looked up then, she would have seen a glimmer of a tear in his eye, but he would never admit it. "Yeah yeah I will. But can you talk to gypsy for me first? She likes you, and won't tell me anything about my car."

Parker laughs, and stands up, nodding. "No problem. I'll grab my friend, and we'll go over she says, and Jess nods. Parker runs over to Lucas, explaining the situation as quickly as possible, and then Parker walks back to Jess.