♡Chapter 8: Debut♡

As Parker comes down the stairs in her apron, she sees Lorelei and Rory sitting at the counter. She spins around to go back upstairs and hide for a little bit, but that's exactly when Luke walks behind her, and pulls her over to the side.

"I know that you guys had a rocky start, but you should really try to get to know them, even just Rory, she is your sister after all." Luke says to her, and then he hands her a carafe of coffee before continuing "here, now go give them a little bit of coffee please"

Parker nods, and takes a deep breath before walking over to the two of them. "Hey guys, here's some more coffee!" She says, pouring some into their cups. "Okay what would you like? Eggs? French toast? Anything else?"

"Whoa girl, what's the rush zippy?" Asked Lorelei, trying to make a joke.

Parker smiles a little, being polite as she explains. "Well Luke and I are a little swamped this morning, we were supposed to have help but he hasn't come downstairs yet." She says, and Lorelai nods, knowing that she's talking about Jess.

"I tried to wake him up this morning when I woke up, but he would not budge" She says, slightly chuckling to herself. Luke walks over at this point, smiling at Lorelai.

"Wait did you say when you woke up?" Lorelai asked her, confused. "Did you sleep here?"

Parker looks over to Luke for help, to save her from this line of questioning. Luke comes over and answers for her.

"Yeah, Parker has been living with us for a while now, since she works here and all, I pay her in housing" He smiles, and distracts her with a donut.

"Anyways, what can I get for you?" Parker asks, trying to change the topic.

"Pancakes" Lorelei says followed by Rory answering "French toast!"

"Coming right up!" She says and then turns around and tells Caesar what to make. Just then, Jess comes down from upstairs, wearing a neon green version of Parker's Metallica shirt.

"Jess, You were supposed to be down..What the hell is that?" Luke asks, looking at the shirt.

"What?"

"That." Luke answers, pointing at his shirt.

"It's a shirt"

"Change."

"What?" Jess asks, looking confused.

"Go upstairs and change your shirt"

"I like this shirt" Jess answers defiantly.

"How can you like that shirt?"

Parker butts in here, deciding it was too funny to not instigate more. "It brings out his eyes" She says, laughing. She says, laughing.

"Exactly." Jess says, smirking.

"Don't encourage him!" Luke says, exasperated. Parker puts her hands up in surrender and goes back to wiping down the front counter.

Luke turned back around to look at Jess. "Part of the deal of you staying here is that you work here. And when you work here, you will wear proper work attire, and that is not proper work attire, now go upstairs and change into something that won't scare my customers."

"Whatever you say Uncle Luke" Jess says, and spins around to go back upstairs, but not before smirking a little at Parker.

"Gross T-shirt" says Lorelai.

"Yeah" Rory agrees, "Good band" her mom adds. "Oh yeah" Rory agrees again. Then, Parker walks up with two plates, and places them in front of the two.

"Here's your food!" She says to them with a smile.

"Thanks!" They both say in unison. The two eat for a while, before they get up to leave after placing money on the counter for their food. Rory turns to her mother and tells her that she'll be right out, and her mother nods.

When her mother walks out the door, Rory turns back to Parker, catching her attention. "Hey, I know this may be a weird request, but I really would like to get to know you, and I'm going to go visit my- I mean, our grandmother today, If you'd like to meet her."

Parker seems taken aback for a moment, before she smiles at Rory in gratitude. "Thank you for the offer. Sure, I'll go."

"Great! I'll pick you up before I go." She says before she leaves.

"Sounds good." Parker says back, before returning to work.

__________

Parker looked up at the looming house above her, amazed by his enormous size and old fancy looking architecture

Parker looked up at the looming house above her, amazed by his enormous size and old fancy looking architecture. Rory was walking up to the door before she realized that Parker was not following her. She turns around, and beckons to her.

"I know it seems intimidating, but it'll be okay" she says to her, pulling her by her hand up to the front door. They walk up, and Rory rings the doorbell.

A maid comes to the door, and lets them in, holding out an arm to take their coats. Parker holds tightly to hers, until the maid forcefully takes it. "Mrs.Gilmore is on the patio." She says, gesturing towards the back.

Rory smiles at Parker, pulling her towards the back. As they approach the patio, Parker can see a group of women, sitting together drinking tea. One of the women turns around, and smiles up at Rory.

"Oh Rory!" She says. Parker assumes this must be her grandmother. "What a surprise!" She continues, and Rory and Parker make their way onto the patio.

"Hey Grandma, sorry to bother you like this" Rory says. Her grandmother laughs a little.

"Nonsense! Come and meet my friends." The woman gestures to Rory to come out, and introduces all of the women one by one. "Ladies, I'd like you to meet my granddaughter Rory, and..." She trails off as she sees Parker behind her.

"Oh hello there, Rory, who's this?" She asks, confused. Rory smiles back at her grandmother.

"It's just someone I'd like you to meet when you have time" Rory says, linking her arm with Parker's. "Well okay" her grandmother says.

"My, what pretty girls you are" One of the women at the table says. "I would swear they look like sisters!"

Parker snorts at that, and then coughs to cover it up. "The eyes, the nose!" The women continue. They start turning to each other and talking about how some people have very specific walks.

Emily looks back at her, and gestures to one of the seats. "Come, sit, would you like some tea?" She says, being welcoming.

"Oh no thank you" Rory responds "I just came to pick up a book and for you to meet her" She gestures at Parker behind her.

"You can go check your grandfather's study, the book might be on his desk." Emily says, and at that, Rory smiles, pulling Parker with her.

As they walk through the house to the study, Parker is amazed by all of the rooms, and how big everything was.

As they get farther away, the women speaking fades a little, but the last word she catches some talk about a "debut."