♡Chapter 41: Mine First♡

Lucas walks into the living room, coming back from a run to Luke's. "Here's your coffee" he says, handing Parker a to go cup of coffee with Luke's diner logo on it. "This town is weird by the way." He says, falling down into the couch.

Parker smirks sitting back and sipping her coffee. "And you only realized this now?" She asks him, an he shrugs.

"Some guy was having a bunch of townspeople push this broken, old car down the street." He laughs, thinking back to it. "The same car that was outside of Luke's last night too..." He says, thinking about it.

Before Parker can comment, Lorelai an Rory walk in, both dressed up and fancy. "Ok we have to leave now if we don't want to be late for dinner with your grandparents." Lorelai says. "You two look nice."

"

Parker and Lucas stand up, brushing off their outfits

Parker and Lucas stand up, brushing off their outfits. "Thank you Ms.Gilmore." Lucas said, and Lorelai groans.

"Ms.Gilmore?" She looks at him, jokingly exasperated. "What am I, 50?" Lucas looks towards Parker, almost desperately wanting her to save him from the conversation.

Parker looks at her mother, trying to figure out a conversation change. "So where's Dad?" She asks, referring to Christopher, who had fallen asleep on the couch last night. "Is he meeting us there?"

Lorelai looks down, all joking from the moment before gone. "No, he left." She said, and the others look at him. "I know he said he'd stay a while, but he had to go away for a work trip in New York City." She says.

Parker is mainly unbothered buy this, but she could see Rory's face fall, disappointed. She pulls her aside as they walk out towards the car, hugging her. "He would be here if he could." Was all she said, but Rory understood.

Rory got into her car to drive over, as Lorelai and the others got into the Jeep.

_______________

"You ring the bell." Lorelai says, hesitating at the door.

"No, you do it." Parker says back. When nobody did, Rory walks up to the doorbell, ringing it with a roll of her eyes.

"You guys are children." She jokes and Lorelai and Parker laugh, looking at eachother.