十四

~𝚊𝚟𝚘𝚒𝚍, 𝚞𝚗𝚊𝚟𝚘𝚒𝚍~

your eyes used to make me fall to loving, now i fall to drowning

~

present, 1 year into big hit, 11 months into debut

" um, one mocha latte, a triple shot expresso, a decaf frappuccino, no cream, and a cookie crumble cold brew? and two cinnamon swirl cappuccinos, extra cream, two pumps of honey, two pumps of vanilla."

" 24000 won, please."

~

" im home, bitches!" taehyung yelled, slamming the door behind him. " i've got coffee! and snacks!"

hoseok came hurling down from the stairs and eagerly grabbed his cup from taehyung's hands. giving him a quick squeal of gleeful thanks, hobi ran back up the stairs like some sort of monkey. taehyung rolled his eyes and laughed, strolling into the kitchen and placing the grocery bags and cup holder onto the table.

jimin, who was on the couch, put down his notepad, and jumped up, hyper. " ooh, coffee!"

" yes, chimmy. and yoongi hyung, you know where joonie hyung is? he usually goes to new day for coffee but i dunno where he went."

new day was the coffee shop three blocks from the bangtan house. yoongi, who was perched on a bar stool next to the counter, walked over and shrugged, his bangs falling over his eyes in an effortlessly cool fashion.

" dont ask me, tae. bet you jin hyung got mad at him and he had to go buy silverware."

yoongi reached into a white grocery bag and pulled out a box of strawberry pokey, and shrugged.  jimin slapped young's hand before it could reach into the bag and pull out all the snacks taehyung had bought for their pantry.

" where's mine?" 

" none for you hyung! you only drink that pitch black brew from the kitchen anyway."

" fuck off, park."

the two males starting bickering as taehyung sipped his cappuccino, entertained. a different voice broke the chaos in a matter of seconds.

" coffee?"

taehyung jumped up from his chair and straightened his back. he licked his lips and placed his cup on the table.

" hey kook. i didnt know what you wanted so..." taehyung offered him a paper cup of cappuccino. " same as mine."

jungkook had appeared in the doorway in a tank top and sweatpants-nearly giving taehyung a hear attack-and his hair was particularly messy. his eyes were fierce until they fell upon taehyung's face, and he accepted the cup from taehyung. 

" what is it?"

" uh..." taehyung hadn't thought about that. this specific order of cappuccino was something taehyung had always bought, since high school. it used to be a taehyung-jeongguk thing, as they would buy a cup together to share and drink it as they strolled along campus, but taehyung still bought it for himself after the break up.

jungkook would have had forgotten that they used to buy this order very day, right?

" just cinnamon." taehyung, a blushing mess, turned around to be more focused upon yoongi and jimins bickering, but alas the two boys were paying attention to jungkook and taehyung's conversation. the shy boy had no choice but to turn and face the latter. 

and clueless unsuspecting jungkook took a mouthful of the coffee, as a respectful person does. he usually got black coffee like his yoongi hyung, since he didnt really have the need or time to order a complicated and detailed order.

but oh, the taste soaring down hot jungkook's throat was not burning of sweet, it was burning from the realization, the longing feeling of aching for those days again, that feeling that soared through his veins of pure and intense delight he wanted so badly. 

he had drank this coffee before. he had drank it with taehyung. he had drank it numerous times, on fall, winter, even summer and spring days. 

it was taehyung who had bought their shared cup with his money, it was jungkook who licked the whipped cream off taehyungs nose. it was taehyung who kissed jungkook after they drained the coffee ever so passionately, it was jungkook who owned the tounge which danced in taehyungs cinnamon cavern. 

jungkook stared into taehyungs large edgy eyes that darted everywhere and knew he was thinking of the same moments he had.

when taehyung had kissed jeongguk so lustfully that they fell into the snow.

when jeongguk held taehyung's gloved hand around the hot coffee cup.

when taehyung tried to order their drink but jeongguk kept pecking his cheek devotedly. 

when-

" its the same?" jungkook asked timidly, though he already knew the answer.

"y-yes. s-sorry, i didnt know what you wanted."

"no, no, its fine. kind of refreshing to drink...drink it again."

" drink what again?" interrupted an incredibly icy voice.

" nothing, hyung. we just went for the same drink a few weeks ago. together."

jimin gasped in a mix of relief and disappointment. " phew. i thought taetae mixed the cup with vodka or somethin." he went on to have some sort of fit of snickers and snorts.

yoongi rolled his eyes and dragged jimin and himself out of the room, shouting, " your the one who probably drank vodka!"

taehyung laughed and turned back to the table, grabbing the grocery bags. he walked over to the pantry door, opening it and starting to toss the snacks inside. 

as jungkook watched him, he realized that there was only one difference between the drink he and taehyung drank now and the one they drank in their relationship.

for taehyung used to order a  shared cup, a bond of their love in that single drink. 

---

s y m b o l i s m