~𝚊 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚔~

 matter never sociable or solitary , if not to conjure a voice.

---

" is your voice natural?" 

taehyung's face blanched. he blinked, unsure if he had heard the question right.

" im sorry, what? my voice?"

taehyung licked his cracked lips. his mouth felt like a block of sawdust. the rough strap off his duffle bag had slipped out of his hands, replaced with air that seemed so thin and vulnerable without something to hold onto, something to keep taehyung from panicking. a human touch, just to remind the brain the world was real and true.

" i suppose your voice is real then? its much full of melody, yet low and soothing."

receiving such in depth compliments composed with poetic dreamery had thrown taehyung into the brief composure of plain awkward. 

" oh thank you sir." said taehyung, a little too quickly.

but the ceo, or how he introduced himself as, mr bang, didnt seem to mind. his round face burst into a smile. smile lines deeply etched around his eyes, even more enhanced when he grinned.

" ah humble as ever. you, taehyung are special."

taehyung couldn't help but raise his eyebrows out of instinct, his lips thinly sealed. the way mr. bang said it-it was like one of those encouragement quotes adults told tiny clueless, definitely not unique children, just to mildly boost their confidence and act supportive when in reality all they probaly want to do is go to bed.

mr bang didnt seem to notice, or care.

" understand that, you are a key part of big hit. a true talent; a secret weapon."

though mr. bang's voice was very earnest and sincere, his eyes were blank and bore into taehyung's thoughts. the pupils screamed, "your the best we found, and we cant afford to lose."

but either way, taehyung did make auditions and prove himself, so why would he note believe mr. bang telling him he was a.." secret weapon"?

the answer of course, was simple.

the lack of self esteem. 

mr. bang kept talking-the words rushed through taehyung's blank mind as a river of boredom, with a fault in it, as the words leaked out of his ear and dumped into nothing. 

taehyung was fully in the belief that he was just another soul born onto earth with no meaning. he understood he had a talent, a talent for singing-but didnt everyone have some kind of talent? everyone who pledged their life to live peacefully had at least some sort of a talent in something, whether it be in the arts or something else. what made taehyung special? what made him stand out from all the other people on earth, who were just equally as valuable? was taehyung really just the best bighit could find-? because it certainly seemed like it. his heart fell to the bottom of his stomach, weighing him down with all the stripped words torn of confidence-a blended pressure wrapped in loathing that dragged taehyung out of his usual, cheerful, sociable state.

im not good enough.

and suddenly, mr bang was leading him down the stairs again. it occurred to taehyung that his concentration had traveled far, far away to a silent abyss where mr bang's voice was not as welcomed as the horrid musings that reflected in taehyungs mind, noticeable stars in his already monstrous sky. he blinked his eyes and shook his head violently, the tufts of hair near his forehead falling lower and shielding his eyes.