STOP! [this story is discountinued only on this account. please view the entire active fanfiction at @doveyloveyducks]

~𝚒 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎 𝚖𝚎, 𝚒 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 ~

do your lips still taste like fresh clementines and raindrops on roses?

---

past, a week into big hit. moved into dorm. nearly lunch.

" shit."

jungkook's head hurt. his heart ached. his body felt bruised. broken, old. mean.

the boy had been sitting on top of the stairs for the past twenty minutes. he couldn't stop the speeding of voices through his head, muting the chaotic scene in the kitchen; namjoon seemed to have broken the vase again. 

jungkook was not a sociable boy. he never was. sometimes in the bangtan house, he had outbursts of energy, a brisk age of nirvana. like when he and jimin drew all over their sleeping hyung's face and trashed the kitchen just an hour ago. or when the six of them went to the park and argued about the ducklings that lived by the lake. but those occasions were rare. jungkook would eventually fall back to his quiet, shy self. uncomfortable with the other members, frightened of possibilities. 

until he saw kim taehyung, just a few moments ago. 

he remembered taehyung well. in high school, taehyung was the life of the party, if a party was for nerds. everyone knew him as the nice kid, not really popular, but nice. engaging, loud. sociable. everything jungkook was not. taehyung was a geeky boy, but lovable by everyone. an unofficial representative of the school. someone who knew everybody, someone who everybody knew, whether they liked him or not. but jungkook, on the other hand, was not nerdy, geeky, loud. he outshined taehyung with his coldness, his solitude. his handsome features, his low aura. he, unlike taehyung, was cool. popular. but still, quiet.

but then the freshmen and sophomores took a trip to dreamboat yard of seoul.

dreamboat yard was a park. it could be accessed by train, taking nearly three hours. it was a special treat for their high school, as they never went on "vacations", plus dreamboat yard was a very unique park. it was that trip that changed everything, because dreamboat yard was where kim taehyung and jeon jungkook kissed for the very first time.

who was jungkook kidding? jungkook did not remember taehyung well, he knew him, he thought of him, like he was in his life everyday. he knew everything about taehyung. he didnt forget anything.

he could recite the exact details of their first kiss perfectly. taehyung had worn a large navy school sweater, and faded jeans that he complained were too small. jungkook remembered looking at his own converse and staring at the untied shoelaces sheepishly. they kissed under a white statue of a women in mid twirl, and over the women arched a tree adorned with lilac flowers. he remembered the sound of the fountain pouring to his right, and the feeling of taehyung's soft lips against his own. he didnt know why he kissed taehyung, he suddenly just leaned it and-it happened. 

taehyung told him after he liked him ever since seventh grade; ever since jungkook set foot into the neighborhood he transferred to. he told him that he, quote unquote, " really, really, really liked" him. he told him jungkook smelled like mocha and raspberries. he told him that he was sorry he wasn't a cool kid, that he was sorry he kissed him back.

jungkook, on the other hand, thought taehyung was very pretty, but nothing more. till' the fluttering in his stomach forced him to realize it was something more, and he took his chance on that day. a week later, when the school was about to leave seoul, jungkook asked taehyung to be his boyfriend under the same lilac tree. taehyung burst into a lake of tears.