~𝚌𝚛𝚢, 𝚌𝚛𝚢, 𝚌𝚛𝚢~

alas heaven is in your eyes, so i take my step to hell

---

after lunch, taehyung ran as fast as he could up the stairs and into the open bedroom, back to his bed. back to his cave, his crib, his den. he used every ounce of his energy to not look at jungkook during lunch, to just nod and laugh at the conversations that came and went, dismissing himself as soon as all the food was eaten. he wanted to disappear, to die.

in truth,  taehyung missed jungkook horribly. he missed everything about jungkook-but he knew he couldnt miss him. a broken heart shouldn't crave for the one with the knife; it was a simple law. but oh did taehyung want so badly to feel jungkook's touch, to hear his words, to see his face. 

on the contrary though, taehyung was not stupid. he understood that he would never be able to love jungkook officially again; even if jungkook gave him the chance, taehyung would refuse. though taehyung loved jungkook despite the pain, he was not going to be reused and just be torn in half again. he would die to that promise.

though taehyung forced himself that promise, he allowed himself to keep dreaming, keep thinking about jungkook, until it wasn't safe anymore. for a year taehyung thought about jungkook nearly everyday. he cried about him, he laughed about him, he admired about him-but most of all, taehyung ate himself up by thinking of jungkook.

after that tragic year of insanity, taehyung finally got the courage to break free, to live. to finally fly, with the thought of jungkook just a tiny spark in the back of his mind. that feeling of achievement that danced among taehyung's heart was the feeling of pure, true, happiness. he was so proud, so gleeful-until of course, he set foot into the bangtan dorm. all of a sudden, that fresh year of joy was deleted. it felt like a loop of the same knot in his stomach, the same hoarse yells, the same teary tracks at night, the same prickling tingle in his eyes.

taehyung would have given everything in his life if it meant to never see jungkook again.

--

very short one :)