General Ironwood closed his eyes and sighed sadly before looking back at you again. He looked as though he was holding back some anger.

General Ironwood: y/n. Stop it. You're acting like-

General Ironwood cut himself off looking shocked at what he was about to say. But you knew what he was about to say so you scoffed angrily.

y/n: Go on. Say it!

General Ironwood glared at you.

General Ironwood: Like a wild animal.

You growled like a tiger before you continued.

y/n: Well if being a wild animal will let me protect Yang then I'm willing to become one!

General Ironwood's seriousness seemed to finally begin to break as his expression became angry.

General Ironwood: y/n! Going after your brother isn't protecting her! 

y/n: What? I should never kill anyone? I should never take someone's life even if it meant protecting someone I care about!?

General Ironwood's seemed to give into some of his anger. 

General Ironwood: NO! God's almighty, no!

General Ironwood sighed and calmed down but still looked troubled. 

General Ironwood: It would be too damn easy. I know you're thinking about Yang, y/n. But if I let you do that to your own brother... If I let you go down into that place... 

General Ironwood looked at you in the eyes.

General Ironwood: You'll never come back.

You felt as though what General Ironwood was saying had a lot of weight behind it but you still weren't able to let go of your anger as you gripped the side of your bed.

y/n: Why not? I'm not talking about killing anyone else in the White Fang, Cinder, or even that bastard Roman Torchwick! I'm talking about Adam, JUST Adam. 

You began to tremble and looked down sadly as you remembered Yang getting her arm cut off by Adam back at the school grounds.

y/n: And doing it because... 

You looked back up to General Ironwood angrily.

y/n: Because he almost took her away from me.

General Ironwood looked at you sympathetically.

General Ironwood: I can't let you do that. I'm sorry.

You didn't know what to think as you looked down sadly again. You were chained up and weren't able to do what you believed meant being able to protect Yang. You felt useless.

y/n: James... I... I can't just stand by and let this just be something that happened to her. I have to do SOMETHING.

General Ironwood continued to look at you sympathetically but his expression became more serious.

General Ironwood: And what do you think the White Fang thought when things like this happened to them?

You froze as you remembered the times you were in the White Fang and it was driven to violent actions because of the violence that was done to them because of the humans who discriminated against all of them. General Ironwood continued.

General Ironwood: You saw what resorting to violence did to all of them y/n. And they weren't the first. I've seen war so many times y/n. All it's ever done was breed hatred. And the last thing I want is for you to fall into that hatred.