6. Good Things Come To Those Who Wait

Start from the beginning

"There, three Klouds on tap." He placed them on the table.

"Great, thanks Jin!" She began to gather the glasses onto the tray.

"And I got your two eight-oh-fives." Jin pointed at Rina — who was just about to voice her prolonged wait.

Rina gave him a thumbs-up, content to hear that he remembered.

"Why don't you try getting the guys number over there?" Rina asked Seren before she could leave.

"What guy?" Seren's eyes narrowed, muddled. "You mean the guy I'm serving?"

"Yeah, he's cute, right?" She turned, seeing him gathered near two other men.

"Ehh, I don't know about that." Seren wavered, doubtful. "Not that he isn't cute, he is. But, I don't wanna force myself to find a boyfriend."

"If it happens, it happens, if not, then it's cool." She said with confidence, not wanting to get another discomfiting result if she was rejected.

"Alright, that's fine." One edge of her lip pulled upwards, shrugging.

Seren excused herself, heading to the table with the man they were just talking about, putting on a simple smile.

"Here are the three Klouds." She stated, placing the drinks above their table.

"Oh, thanks so much, Seren." The man expressed his gratitude, his voice low and mollifying.

"Here you go, babe." He said to the man next to him with a grin, handing him the drink.

Seren almost stuttered, realizing that the man was gay.

She was never going to ask for any of his information anyway. Still, she was almost relieved she discovered that.

What if she suddenly had the opportunity to ask him?

That would have been more awkward than the time she tripped with all those drinks on her tray.

"Enjoy the drinks." She said one last time, parting from their table to reach the bar.

Although there were many busy nights, Seren always found time to fit in small conversations with Rina and Jin, wanting small breaks between serving before she had to get back to work.

It was all while Miyong was occupied in his office, they'd scatter as if they'd been busy if he ever did his periodic patrols to make sure his employees were busy.

Not many people needed assistance when it came to drinks. There were the customers who ordered frequently, and those were the ones who kept her busy, albeit, for the most part, she had a few minutes to sit and pretend to be busy at the bar.

"Rina." Seren griped through grit teeth, shaking her head.

"What's up?" She turned, gathering more drinks.

"Dude, good thing I didn't ask for that guys number." She sighed, her bottom hitting the stool. "Because I'm pretty sure he's gay."

Her eyes went wide, sucking her lips in. "Really?" Clearly, holding back a few chuckles.

"Yeah, I think so." She looked away, not wanting to laugh along. "Not that I wasn't going to ask, but imagine I did? God, I'd feel so bad, asking right in front of his boyfriend like some dumbass."

She cackled solely thinking about it. "Stop overreacting, it's a mistake that happens often, I'm sure."

"That's still embarrassing." Seren muttered in retort, dropping her forehead in her hand.

"What's embarrassing?" Jin appeared, curious as always. "Did I miss Seren falling again?" He teased, his lips arched impishly.

Seren raised her head, brows knitted. "Is that all you think I do or something?"