"I wouldn't have to live like this if I just had parents who actually gave a shit about their daughter." She whispered, shaking her head.

"I do give a shit!" Hana fought. "Why else would I oppose your life choices? You left me when you were nineteen."

"Okay, you didn't stop me though?" Seren pointed out. "Maybe all I needed was some reassurance from my mother. Maybe I would still be living with you. And maybe I wouldn't have such a shitty fuckin' job."

Jimin watched their interaction from the open window near the front of the house, heavily sighing to himself.

'She makes everything worse.' He closed the curtain, tracing to his room.

Seren took her car out of park. "I', done arguing. I gotta go." She said, observing Hana step back from the window of her car.

Seren pulled out of the curb, slowly driving down the small street. She peeked at her rearview, seeing that Hana was still there, shaking her head.

It reminded her of the time she moved out to live with Jiyu. It was the exact sight she saw — her mother standing in a leaking puddle of disappointment, somehow percolating onto Seren.

She made a right turn, wanting to detach herself from the negative energy her mother blatantly conveyed, depleting Seren of the positive aura she molded for herself.

She sniffled, finding a random curb to park in.

It had been three years since she moved out, and it was still such a sensitive topic for her to even think about. Seren never quite got over it, expecting her mother to stop her, reassure her and tell her daughter that she loved and cared for her.

Seren grabbed her phone from her bag, searching for her friend's contact.

A friend that she could always reach out to when she felt off, someone that she knew could help her with that problem.

"Seren!" His deep voice washed in excitement.

"Hey, Namjoon." She smiled, fighting her urge to uncontrollably sob. "Are you busy?"

"No, not at all." He affirmed. "Well, I was just gonna go on a bike ride, what's up?"

She smiled, his adoration for nature and tranquility was something she marveled at.

"Can we hang out at my place?" Seren asked, fiddling with her fingers. "I need to cleanse my soul."

He chuckled, modulated and methodical as it intensely reverberated against his chest.

"Sure, I can ride over there." He cheerfully agreed.

"Yay!" She exclaimed, pleased he approved. "I'll see you in a bit."

"Alright, see you soon." Namjoon clicked.

Seren toyed with her lip ring, grinning cheerfully to herself.

***

She parked her car in the small steep driveway, lowering herself to avoid the long verdant tree that pelted her car with crunchy leaves.

She enjoyed having her home overgrown with trees and plants, her grass was as green as turf, always maintaining the perfect length, calling Jimin over on the weekends to help her with yard work.

Although she may struggle with bills, her yard placated her.

The best part of her home was how secluded it was from other homes, nobody ever heard her business, and she never heard theirs.

She had a few flower pots on the old creaky steps of the porch, and on each side of her lawn were bushes filled with sweet briar roses, pink and gorgeous.