Sleepy Saiki

*Riiiiiiiiiiing*

...Hmm?

What was that loud noise? It sounded like my school bell. But how could that be? I'm asleep in my bed at home, how could I hear the school bell from my room?

...Huh, this is odd. I seem to have fallen asleep sitting up. I'm leaning against something warm by my side.

It's addictively relaxing and comfortable so I don't want to move and ruin this moment. However, I might have to wake up soon. I shouldn't be late for school.

I'll wait until my alarm rings...

...

...

Wait a minute It doesn't feel like I'm sitting on my bed. I sit up straight and rub the fatigue out of my eyes while yawning.

This is odd. I observe my surroundings and quickly take note of the beige walls that surround me that don't match the color of my room. I...I don't think this is my room.

Where am I...?

"Oh, Kusuo! You're awake! I was about to wake you up if you hadn't soon."

H-Hiroshi? Wh-What is he doing here? I guess since I'm not in my room so it's not too alarming to have him be the first thing I see when I wake up.

"What happened?" I asked rubbing one of my eyes and yawning annoyingly frequently.

"Well, as soon as we arrived to school we hid from your friends just like last time. You seemed super tired so I let you fall asleep on my shoulder. We also missed the first period." He stated.

Oops...

"Sorry. I didn't mean to make you miss class because of me. I guess I didn't realize how tired I was." I apologized.

Hiroshi shook his head. "No, it's alright, Kusuo, You needed that rest. I could tell you were exhausted from the events of the past few days. You clearly needed that rest and I was happy to help." He smiled down at me.

My body felt hot, hotter than normal. Maybe it was because him and I were so close but the heat seemed primarily orientating from my chest.

     This is fine. But wait, this means we are at school right now. I heard the bell ring a few minutes ago which means our first class is over and our next class is just about to begin.

     "We should get to class soon. We're going to miss another period if we don't hurry." I started to attempt to stand with my body just waking up.

Hiroshi helped steady me until I was on my feet. Once we were both up we stared into each other's eyes for a minute as if we were waiting for something to happen.

I think I stared for a second too long because I felt my face grow warm. I had to look away to avoid Hiroshi seeing anything embarrassing on my face.

Hiroshi must have been embarrassed too because out of the corner of my eye I saw him look away with his eyes shut and his hand covering his cheeks.

Wow, he must be really embarrassed...

"U-Um..." Hiroshi began. "I guess I-I'll see you a-after class?" He stammered.

Is he ok? I nodded simply. He smiled and nodded back. We parted ways.

I watched him as he turned away and walked further and further down the hall, getting progressively smaller until finally he turned a corner and was out of sight.