Room and Pairs

After an 8-hour bus ride and two crises averted, we finally make it to the hotel on the mountain where we'll be staying at.

It was a small hotel. It looked like it didn't get many visitors. Probably just the occasional hiker going to explore the dangerous, cursed, or haunted bridge. Or just the views of the mountains.

We woke everyone up, got our stuff, and headed to the reception. The bus driver apologized for falling asleep and causing a lot of trouble for both me and Toritsuka. I forgave him.

I know what it's like to be so tired you can hardly see or think straight. Speaking of which, I am very tired. I didn't sleep much at all on that bus ride.

All that life-saving and crisis averting really wore me out. I can't wait to get my own room and sleep.

"Alright, so there are 5 rooms left. 3 doubles and 2 singles." The reception lady said.

Well, I guess I'll take one of the single rooms then.

"I think we should split them up. Boys in some rooms and girls in other rooms." Arisu's statement made sense. It's best to separate Toritsuka from every girl at all times.

So that means me and Toritsuka should get our own rooms.

"Alright that sounds fair, I'll room with Aren!" Kaido and Kuboyasu will be together.

"Then me and Arisu will share a room!" Yumehara and Arisu are sharing a room.

"Then that means Satou and Hii will be-"

"Wait! We can't have that! Hii is a girl and Satou is a boy. We should separate them, remember?" Yumehara had an issue with it.

"Yeah. But there are no other girls for Hii to share a room with." Arisu said.

"Then she will just have her own room" Yumehara stated.

"Good idea Yumehara. But who will be sharing a room with Satou?" Arisu asked.

"It would have to be either Toritsuka or Saiki." Kaido joined in. "Though I'm pretty sure Saiki would want his own room. Which means Satou would be
sharing the room with Toritsuka-"

"WAIT!"

I cut in. If Toritsuka shared room with Satou, then his unaverageness would rub off on Satou and turn him into another one of those unaverage idiots that follow me around everywhere I go.

"W-what is it Saiki?" Kaido asked

"I'll room with Satou."

"Seriously? Why's that? I always thought you were the solo independent type that'd like to have the space to yourself." Kaido said.

He says that and still follows me around everywhere I go.

Yare yare. What excuse should I give? I can't exactly say it's because he's a completely average being and I can't let that change because of a completely stupidly unaverage pervy medium that will most definitely affect him in every negative way possible.

"Uh...Well...It's because...I...Uh-"

"It's because Saiki gets scared at night without someone there to protect him!"

What.

TORITSUKA? What the hell did you say that for!

I was just helping you out! Giving you a cover story!

Yeah, but did you have to say something so weird and embarrassing?

Just consider it a 'your welcome' for taking over the drive so that you could rest.