Brothers in Arms

"A psychic limiter?"

     "Yes, can you make it?"

     "Hold on, Kusuo. I'm a little confused here. You're asking me to make a psychic limiter for someone who isn't you?"

     "That's correct."

     "Does that mean there is another psychic out there with similar abilities to you, dear baby brother?"

     "No. This boy has very different abilities from mine. His powers are more restricting and less useful than mine are."

     "I see." Kusuke turned around in his seat and took out a pen and paper to write down some information. "Please tell me a little or about the type of abilities boy bares, maybe I can create a limiter specifically designed for his powers."

     "He has average psychic powers."

     Kusuke paused and turned back to me. "Pardon? Did you say average psychic powers? What on earth does that mean?"

     "His psychic powers are being average. He is the most standard, ordinary individual in the universe.

     His looks, his actions, his words, his thoughts, his hobbies, his luck, his skills, everything is average, that is what's holding him back from doing many things."

     Kusuke held his chin in his fingers and hummed to himself, "I understand. This boy wants these powers removed because they're intruding in his everyday life, huh?"

     "Actually no. I want them removed. They are interfering with my overall goal and I want them to disappear."

     He stared at me in shock. "So...Kusuo, you want me to remove this boy's psychic powers for your own benefit, and not because he wants them to be removed? That's a little big, Kusuo, even for you."

     "You don't understand. His psychic powers prevent him from living a life with a little more than he has. He doesn't realize how ordinary he has it.

     He is not able to do very particular things that I want him to be able to do. And it's preventing me from getting to be with him so I want that fixed."

     "So because of his powers you are unable to be his friend?"

     "No, I'm his friend."

     "Wait, then what does it's preventing me from getting to be with him mean if it's not you unable to be his frien-"

     Kusuke froze. He wore an expression of shock and astonishment on his stupid face. He shifted his head up at me and stared me directly in the eyes.

"Ah, I see what's happening here. It's a bit of a shock coming from you but...oh well...you do, I guess..."

Oh no, what is he thinking? Did he figure it out...?

"What do you mean by that?" I got in close to his face threateningly.

He put his hands up in surrender and chuckled. "Hey hey! Relax, precious baby brother! I didn't mean anything by it, I was just surprised! I mean, it wasn't obvious so I always assumed it was not for you!"

I leaned back a little and raised an eyebrow. "What was not for me? What are you talking about? You're not making any sense."

Kusuke laughed, "Oh my precious innocent baby brother. I wish you had told me sooner! I would have supported you from the very beginning!"

"Whaaaaat? I don't understand! Start making sense!" I stated angrily.

"Oh, Kusuo, you don't need to read minds to understand, I'm talking about how I just learned that my brother swings for the other team, hehe~"